Four

Finishing up the somewhat interrogation, Jacqui still sat in the chair next to Kincaid's desk. "So, tell me, Jacqueline, what do you think we should do?"

Jacqui slightly got out of the slumped position in her seat and scratched at the corner of her eye, right below a new scratch on her face from the fall she took the night before. "I—" she cleared her throat. "I don't think I'm the person you want a prediction from, I got both killers wrong last time."

"True, but you were close to previous killers,"

"Right, Mickey Altieri and Stu Macher." Jacqui nodded.

"Well, I want to know if you noticed any signs."

Jacqui shook her head and shrugged with a sigh. "What do you want to know? Yeah, I've looked back on both Stu and Billy, and I've seen the signs. I knew there was something wrong with Billy for years, but I kinda thought it was just my own hate for him getting in the way. Mickey acted almost the exact same once he revealed himself, so no real clue there. I really liked the guy too, so that sucks." She huffed out. "I don't know what else you want me to tell you, I just wanna help out."

Before he could say anything to her, Dewey spoke up. "Detective Kincaid?" He knocked on the doorway.

"Yeah?" Kincaid asked.

"There's someone here who wants to help."

Dewey stepped in the room, and Sidney walked in after him. "Oh, my God, Sidney," Gale said.

"Sid, ho-ly shit!" Jacqui grinned, uncrossing her legs and setting her coffee down before hugging Sidney tightly.

"Is the man fast or what?" Gale asked as Jacqui released Sidney. "Hi."

"Hi, Gale," Sidney said, hugging her. They both laughed. "I'm glad you're alright."

"Thank you," Gale said as she moved away from Sidney.

"Sid, this is Detective Kincaid." Dewey introduced.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Sidney." Kincaid said, standing up to shake her hand.

"The killer called her," Dewey told him.

"What? When?" Kincaid asked.

"How?" Jacqui asked.

"What did he say?" Gale asked.

Sidney set her bag down. "You know, the usual small talk. What's new, how've you been, how do you wanna die?"

"Wait, you got the first two questions?" Jacqui joked. "It was always just straight to murder for me."

"Sidney, do you have any idea how he could've gotten your number?" Dewey asked, Sidney shook her head.

"He could have monitored her calls on a scanner," Kincaid said. "Did you call her from the set?"

"No," Jacqui answered, Dewey also shook his head.

"Do you have her number stored in your memory?" Gale asked them and Jacqui nodded.

Dewey looked up, furrowing his brows like he was in thought. "Really, bitch?" Jacqui blankly asked, Dewey looked at her. "Your phone memory!" She suddenly shouted, making him flinch a bit.

"Oh, yeah, I guess I do."

"Has anyone else ever used your phone?" Gale asked.

"Just Jennifer." He turned to Kincaid. "And you."

"Hey, I'm the cop here. You're in my office, Riley." Kincaid rolled his eyes.

Jacqui thought about it. "I let some lost twelve-year-old at the mall call her mom a couple months ago, does that count?" She asked, they shook their heads.

Kincaid walked over to Sidney, who was looking at the pictures of her mom on the corkboard. "This killer leaves a photograph after each murder, Sidney," He explained.

"They were taken in Hollywood at the same studio that they're shooting Stab 3," Gale said.

Sidney turned to Dewey and Jacqui. "Why didn't you guys tell me this?"

"Dewey told me not to." Jacqui quickly snitched, earning a slight sigh of annoyance from Dewey.

Sidney focused all her attention on Dewey. "This is my mother, Dewey. Why didn't you say something?"

"I was afraid they were bait," Dewey said. "Something to, you know, trick you out of hiding."

"Sidney, was she an actress or a model?" Gale asked. "They look a lot like publicity stills."

"Uh, I don't know," Sidney said. "Detective, I wanna see this place in the pictures."

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Absolutely."

»»————- 🔪 ————-««

Dewey pointed to an area after they get out of his car. "That stairwell over there, that's where one of the pictures was taken."

"I can't believe she never mentioned any of this," Sidney said.

"She probably di—"

"Dewey!"

The four of them turned around and screamed at the girl yelling.

"Sorry," the girl apologized.

"Martha!" Jacqui suddenly smiled.

"Hey, hold it right there!" One of two cops along with Wallace yelled behind them, starting to run for Martha.

Martha quickly put her hands up. "Don't shoot! I'm only seventeen!"

"It's okay. We know her," Dewey said to the cops, making them stop.

"We do?" Gale asked. Martha hugged Jacqui and then Dewey. "Tell me that's his ex-girlfriend, and I'll shoot myself."

Jacqui shook her head as Martha hugged Sidney. "That's Martha Meeks,"

"Meeks?" Gale asked.

"Randy's sister," Jacqui scoffed. "Context clues, Gale!"

"We miss you in Woodsboro, guys," Martha told them.

"Martha, what are you doing here?" Sidney asked.

Martha pulled out a tape. "There's something you guys should see."