I Am an Island: Wednesday x Rock Human Reader Part (2)

In an empty dorm room in Nevermore Academy sits a rock in the shape of a human. The rock begins to shift and crack. The stone texture changes to that of flesh, hair, and clothing. He returns to his original human form, taking a few seconds to take in his surroundings. He sees one of the books he'd bought before entering hibernation. He vaguely remembered hearing someone reading to him as he slept, and he smiled, knowing that it had been Wednesday.

He went from his dorm to Ophelia Hall, waving and saying hello to the students and teachers he'd not seen for two months. He knocked on Wednesday and Enids' door and waited patiently. The door was answered by Enid, who excitedly pulled him into a friendly hug.

"OH EM GEE! You're awake! Wednesday's been moping about you not being around." Enid said, making him chuckle.

"And just where is my dear Wednesday? She's usually here?" He asked, Enid giggled.

"She went to read by the lake. Make sure you surprise her." She said, smiling. The two said their goodbyes, and Y/N made his way to the lake. He found her in a secluded section of the lakeside, reading peacefully. Y/N smiled to himself, happy to see his beloved once again. He noticed that she was sitting on a large, flat rock. He smiled again, seeing this as an ample opportunity to surprise her. He moved to a similar rock section and turned his body into stone, merging himself with the rock.

Wednesday's reading was interrupted when she heard the rock next to her begin to make a grinding noise. Turning her attention to the noise, she saw a half-formed human body emerging from the space beside her. She patiently watched the body take its complete form, fully aware that it was her boyfriend. When he fully returned to his human form, he smiled at her.

"Hello, dear. Did you miss me?" He asked. Wednesday gave a shadow of a smile, returning to her book. "Your presence would have been preferred, yes." She said, teasing him. He chuckled and moved closer, draping his arm around her shoulders. She wordlessly laid her head on his shoulder, putting her book down and looking at the lake. The two, almost instinctively, held each other's hands.

"Thanks for reading to me, by the way." He said, causing Wednesday to blush and gently nod in response. "How was your hibernation?" She asked. He shrugged gently and said, "It was okay. It was my first time doing it inside, and when I knew you were there, it was nice." Wednesday looked at him, "Rock humans usually hibernate in seclusion, correct?" He smiled at how she phrased the question; he found it cute.

"Yeah, we do most things in seclusion. We're not the most social creatures, even with our own kind." With a small sigh, he said, "I'm not built for being alone for long periods, so it was nice knowing you were there." Wednesday looked at him, her eyes as dark as wet pebbles. She leaned towards him and gave him a gentle kiss. He returned the kiss. He hadn't felt her lips in two months. The two pulled apart, and Wednesday spoke.

"Seeing as you are one of the few people whose company I enjoy. I see no reason for leaving you alone, my dear."  Wednesday said, looking into his eyes. Y/N smiled and cupped her cheek in his hand; she placed her hand over his.

"I love you, Wednesday."

"I love you too, Mi Principe de Piedra."

They spent their first day together in what felt like forever, staring at the lake.