Chapter 12

I slowly opened my eyes, and saw that Prince Alex was kneeling down next to me. I look a little to my left and saw that Jacob was lying in the floor, blood streaking his face and clothes, and Sir Ryder standing above him, smirking.
"What happened?" I asked Prince Alex.
"You fought Ryder. Zoe, why did you fall? And why did you tell everyone who got near you to get away?" He asked.
"You've known me a day, Prince Alexander. You would not understand." I replied.
"Tell me. Now." He said, he then leaned down next to my ear. "You need to remember who you are and where you are, Zoe." He said seductively.
"Y... Yes, master." I whispered, stuttering at the way his breath chilled down my back. "But I can't do it here." I told him.
"Why?" He asked.
"There are too many people... Vampires." I said, correcting myself.
"I am your master and you will do as I say." He growled.
"Please, Sir. We have to do this in private." I said.
"Why did you do it?" He asked.
I did not answer.
"Why did you do it?" He asked again, a serious tone in his voice. He held his hand out and slowly clenched his fist together.
I felt my throat begin to close.
"What are you doing? I can't breathe!" I croaked.
"Tell me NOW!" He screamed.
"I can't." I said.
"WHY?!" He yelled.
"Can't breathe, master." I croaked.
He unclenched his hand, and my throat loosened.
"Thank you." I said, still gasping for air.
"Tell me." He growled.
"Your father wasn't the one who Drained m..." I began. But Ryder ran over and tackled me. He easily got on top of me. I started thrashing under him, but then I realized what this was... Punishment. I had to go with it, or Prince Alex would kill me. Sir Ryder narrowed his eyes and my nose began to bleed. He clenched his hands on my wrists and my throat closed.
He unclenched his hands and his eyes were no longer narrowed.
But the punishment was not over. I started coughing violently, but air wasn't the only thing coming out, blood was too.
Then, it all stopped. And in a flash, I was on my knees at Sir Ryder's and Prince Alex's feet.
Sir Ryder kneeled down next to me, he looked me in the eye and I averted them.
"She won't even look at me, Alex." He said.
"Zoe, who Drained you?" He asked.
"I... I'm sorry, Sir, I can't tell you." I whispered.
"Why?" He asked.
I looked straight into his eyes. I leaned forward to his ear, and whispered, "because he's in this room. And I think we both know that I would die if I told."
"Come with me. Alex, you too." Said Sir Ryder. He and I got up and we all walked up to the Prince's bedroom.
They both sat on the bed. And I stood in front of them.
"Now, who Drained you?" Sir Ryder asked.
I took a long breathe in. "It was... J...Jacob, Sir." I said.
"What? Little slave, I have grown very impatient with you. Now you are going to tell me who Drained you or you will suffer the consequences." Ryder said sternly.
"Sir, I'm not lying. I promise." I said.
"Humph. Promise." He said. He stood up and walked over to me. He grabbed my neck. "Now tell me who it is... Or else." He said.
"Sir, I've told you. It's Jacob. I swear." I croaked.
His grip tightened.
"Please..." I croaked.
"Ryder. Stop. I think she's telling the truth." Prince Alex said.
Sir Ryder let go and I fell to my knees, gasping for breath.
"I've been here for a day, and I've already been choked three times, and I've fought Sir Ryder twice. Master, what is going on?" I asked.
"Just answer a few more questions, Zoe. You'll find out soon enough." Prince Alex said.
I sat down on the floor and sighed. "Zoe, you do know that you can sit in the chair by the desk, right?" He asked.
"I know. I'm just too tired to move right now, Sir." I said.
I laid down in my back and my eyelids began to get heavy.
Prince Alex and Sir Ryder began to laugh.
"What's so funny?" I moaned, curling into a ball.
"She's tired!" Sir Ryder laughed.
"Master, can I please just go to bed?" I asked.
"Sure...just be up... by 9 tomorrow morning." He said between laughs.
"Thanks. I'll see you in the morning Prince Alexander. Will you be here tomorrow Sir Ryder?" I asked.
"Yeah." Sir Ryder replied.
"Then I'll see you too. Good night, your highness." I said, walking out the door.
"Night, Zoe. Remember, 9A.M.!" He called after me.
"Yes, Sir." I responded. I was so tired, I didn't even want to think about what all happened tonight.