Ch 7

"Samantha?" I turn around to see Baxter, my third in command and best friend, walking towards me smiling. I smile back and give him a hug. "Hey Bax. How's training coming?"

Baxter is in charge of training the young when Sebastian is needed elsewhere. Considering we had a meeting this morning, Baxter was on training duty.

"Pretty good, the pups have gotten a lot better since I last worked with them." I nod, not surprised. Sebastian's about the only one I'd trust to train my youngsters the ways of the clan.

"So umm, do you have any plans for right now?" Baxter asks me. I check my watch. "Well my next meeting isn't for 2 hours, so I've got a little free time. Is there anything you needed help on?" Baxter shakes his head as he lights his cigarette with his finger. Even though third in commands can be an electric wolf, since we still had another fire wolf in the clan I thought it was appropriate to appoint him as a third in command.

"No, I was just gonna see if you'd wanna catch some lunch." I smile politely. "Sure."

We head up to the pack house, which is empty at this time during the day. We walk up to the door and Baxter opens the door for me. He's always been such a gentleman.

I walk inside and he follows. "So what are you hungry f-"

Suddenly my head slams against the wall, knocking me unconscious.

"Sam! Time to get up!"

My eyes fly open in shock, my mind still reeling from the dream. I haven't dreamed about him in the longest time..

I roll over, rubbing my eyes. My blurry vision begins to clear up as I look up to see an amused Mason. I look over at the clock, 6:15am.

"Why so early?" I pull the covers over me, and I hear him chuckle. "Because while you're here, I want you to train. I want you to learn to defend yourself; it's a useful skill." I sigh. "But why so early??" Mason rolls his eyes. "It could've been earlier, now get up." I sigh and sit up slowly and rub my neck through my hoodie.

"What are we gonna be doing?"

"Well you're going to meet some of the other trainers, and a good friend of mine. But there is someone I want you to work with." I nod.

"Well let's do this."

---

After showering and eating a wonderful breakfast, courtesy of Amber, Mason and I head out onto the territory. After walking for a good 20 minutes, we come out to a clearing. I see trainers teaching classes, and other wolves just training on their own. I pull my hood closer to myself. Being without my wolf makes me feel so vulnerable, and that's one feeling I'd run to the end of the world and back to avoid. Mason smirks and throws his arm casually over my shoulders.

"I'm going to get you out of hiding before you leave here, Sam." I don't give any kind of response to him, instead I just look down. I don't have the energy to argue with him anyway.

He leads me over to 2 people; a God of a man, and a Goddess of a woman. This man was something that I've never seen before. He was shirtless but had a very defined 6 pack, and defined arm muscles. He had short jet black hair, with piercing black eyes. He, as well as Mason, had many tattoos. He was definitely a bad boy looking type. The girl was much smaller than him, with long blonde hair and the most beautiful hazel eyes I've ever seen.

"Hey Lux," he smiles at the girl, who smiles back. He then turns to the guy. "Ryder."

The guy grunts, and goes back to beating the shit out of some poor punching back. The girl rolls her eyes. "Hey Mason, is this her??" The girl runs up to me and grabs my hands, taking me completely off guard. "She's beautiful Mason!" I can just stare at her while Mason rubs the back of his neck, clearly uncomfortable. "Yeah, I was hoping that you would be able to work with her this morning before your class began." The girl, Lux, began bouncing in place. "I'd love to!" She smiles at me. "Don't worry, I won't work you nearly as hard as they would." She glares at the boys playfully. The guy, Ryder, winks at Lux, then turns to glare at me. What the hell?

Lux, sensing my discomfort, whispers in my ear "don't take it personal, he's not exactly a people person." I nod as she smiles warmly at me.

"Well I've gotta get to my class. Lux I'm leaving her in your hands for now." Before I can say anything, I feel very strong arms engulf my small frame into a bear hug. "Take a break if it becomes too much. I don't want you hurting yourself anymore than you already are, okay?" Mason whispers to me. I nod as he releases me. "I'll see you later." And with that, he turns and walks away to another section of the clearing; leaving me with Lux and Ryder. Lux brings me over to a small table set up at the edge of the woods, and picks up a bag.

"Until you get your own gloves, I want you to use my old ones." She pulls out a pair of boxing gloves. What?

"Why do I need boxing gloves?" She doesn't look up when she answers, just continues securing the gloves to my hands.

"You don't have a wolf, meaning you can't heal fast. I don't want you to have bruised up hands." I internally growl at her, which registers as a glare. I may not have a wolf right now, but that doesn't make me weak. If these people are going to continue treating me as if I'm some weak child, we're gonna have a problem.

She puts the bag away, and turns, walking towards some smaller punching bags.

"Hoodie." I hear the most amazing, yet the most menacing, deep voice I've ever heard. I slowly turn to see Ryder glaring at me. I walk slowly over to him. He looks down at me. "Lux is taking time out of not only her class, but out of her own personal training time. She is helping you because her little friend-" he practically spits 'friend' "-wanted her help. You will treat her with respect, and you will not give her another nasty look. Got it?" He growls.

If my wolf would've been here, his intimidating stare wouldn't have phased me one bit, but without her, has me scrambling for the back of my hood. My voice decides to stop working, so I just nod to him. Without another word, he turns his back and goes back to training.

I walk over to where Lux is. She's standing next to a tree which has a punching bag hanging from one of the branches. "Alright Samantha, I want you to throw a few punches at the bag. I wanna see what I'm working with." I nod and walk in front of the bag. Even without my wolf, I still know how to fight; I'm just slower and weaker now.

I throw several combinations at the bag, and even a few kicks. Lux observes quietly, but I can't help internally smirk at her shocked expression she had at first.

---

"Thank you, Luna." I smiled as I make a plate of dinner for myself. Amber turns and smiles warmly at me. "You're welcome Samantha." I take my seat at the table next to Mason while Amber sits at the end of the table, parallel to Alpha Felix.

Lux has been telling Mason about my first training session, and how well she thinks I did.

"Samantha who trained you? Did the Claws Pack warriors train you?" Lux asks in curiosity. I shake my head. "I never even met their warriors."

"What??" I hear Ambers golden voice from the end of the table. "You've been there your whole life and never met the warriors?" I shake my head again. "I've only lived there for 4 years." Amber nods understandably and continues eating. "If you didn't come from the Claws Pack, where did you come from?" My eyes go wide and I look down, rubbing my hands uncomfortably. I can feel several eyes, including Masons, boring into my head.

"Now Lux, let's not make our newcomer uncomfortable. You don't have to answer that if you can't Samantha." Felix's voice booms at first, them softens when he speaks to me. Lux bows her head. "Sorry Alpha." Felix nods, and continues eating.

After dinner, I helped clean up then headed up to my room. I check my phone for a response from Sebastian; nothing. I shrug and place my phone back on the night table. Sebastian isn't someone who stays around their phone, so he'll answer when he can I guess. Then I suddenly get this weird gut feeling that catches my attention.

Something's wrong.

---

Hey guys! Sorry, this is kinda just a filler chapter. But don't worry! Shit starts hitting the fan next chapter ;) Thank you to everyone who's supporting this story! Hope you guys enjoy it!