CHAPTER 60 || F1 is back

The flight from Ireland to Austria was quiet because everyone slept again or went through the tactics for the race.

It's bad somehow. Everyone is excited and nervous, so they get more and more nervous when they see the others, who are also nervous.

When they arrive at the track after what feels like hours, they are greeted by Toto and Christian.

"And you didn't kill each other? Respect!" Max grins mischievously.

"Shush, don't say it!" Christian grumbles with a small smile.

"Hamburber" Lando mumbles half asleep.

"No no no no, talk to the nice Mexican man." Grins Danny amused.

"Hamburber?" Lando asks hopefully.

"Eh no speak..." Checo's chatter turns Spanish as he wearily leans against Daniil's shoulder, trying not to fall over. "No english, eh No Inglés, no English!"

"Hamburber!" Lando shouts angrily and still tired.

"Cheze or no cheze?" Checo asks, now awake and very amused.

"I'm gonna freak out Danny! BURBER!" Lando desperates.

The group laughs quietly and Checo just talks in Spanish with a mischievous grin.

"Speak Taco Bell pal!" Lando yells loudly. Checo just answers "Now guess what? I don't speak Hamburber, mother f-"

The rest give up and laugh out loud. And when 32 people laugh out loud, one of them is a Sky reporter, 2 are commentators, 2 drive in Formula E, 1 is retired and 2 others actually drive in Formula 3, it attracts attention.

The drivers are making noise and Max yells "I'm hungry!" And he sounds sad because he didn't have breakfast and it's now 02:30pm.

The others nod in agreement and Jenson calls out, "Okay, guys, everyone take a yogurt and cut some fruit into it. The raisins are at McLaren, someone still has to get them."

Carlos runs to get them while Lando makes lunch for his best friend. It's chaotic to get everything and get everything you want, but in the end everyone is happy.

The younger ones decide to do the trackwalk, but the older ones don't come along. They have looked at the weather forecast and know that rain is expected.

But if they keep telling the younger ones such things, they won't learn from their mistakes.

So the younger ones start running, and even managed to convince Max to come along. At the beginning everything is relaxed and they make good progress, but at the beginning of the third sector it starts to rain.

At turn 9 it's already raining hard and Max comments slightly annoyed because he's wet "And that's why I don't do the track walks."

They hurry to finish the walk and run the last bit to the hospitalitys. There they are received with amusement and the older ones first laugh at the younger ones and then throw them towels.

They dry off quickly and most of them have to leave for appointments.

The days pass quickly and the race starts soon. Starting grid is

01. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)
02. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
03. Max Verstappen (Red Bull)
04. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari)
05. Lando Norris (McLaren)
06. Daniel Ricciardo (Renault)
07. Charles Leclerc (Ferrari)
08. Carlos Sainz (McLaren)
09. Alex Albon (Red Bull)
10. Daniil Kvyat (AlphaTauri)
11. Sergio Pérez (Racing Point)
12. Pierre Gasly (AlphaTauri)
13. Kimi Räikkönen (Alfa Romeo)
14. Lance Stroll (Racing Point)
15. Romain Grosjean (Haas)
16. Antonio Giovinazzi (Alfa Romeo)
17. Kevin Magnussen (Haas)
18. George Russell (Williams)
19. Esteban Ocon (Renault)
20. Nicolas Latifi (Williams)