Shark Attack (Natsu x Reader)

Saying today was a hot day was an understatement. It was sweltering hot outside. It was so hot, that even Natsu was sweating. Now, Natsu is a Fire Dragon Slayer, so he's used to heat, right? Well it was so damn hot that even he was uncomfortable. So as stated before, it was hot outside. So, you sat at a table with Erza, Lucy, Juvia, and Wendy, trying to think of ways to get cool. "We could go to Mount Hakobe, it's cold there!" Wendy suggested. "And freeze our butts off while we're there. That's a bit TOO cold." Lucy argued. "We can get Gray-sama to freeze us..." Juvia sighed lovingly. "No." Erza said simply. "Why don't we go to the beach?..." You asked. Everyone stared at you like you just stated the most glorious thing ever. "You're...a...GENIUS!" They all screamed together and hugged you. "Ah! Too hot for hugs!" You complained. "Sorry (Name), anyway let's go get ready!"
*Time skip brought to you by Freed-chan*
So you and the gang all head out to the beach. You, of course, were dressed in your (fave colour) bikini. Just as you arrived, everyone took to the water. You all splashed and played and just over all had a good time. Every few minutes or so, you'd notice Natsu looking at you. You'd look back and shoot him a smile, to which he blushed slightly and waved to you with a grin on his face. You just brushed it off, wave back, and continued having fun. Though splashing and playing seemed harmless, you all may have done a tad bit too much roughhousing. And this attracted some attention from the inhabitants of the sea.
*Natsu's POV*
I kept glancing over at (Name). She'd notice, and smile so I'd wave back to not make it awkward. "Dude..." Gray said, noticing all this. "Just man up and tell her." I sighed. "It's not that simple Gray! I just can't go up and say 'Hey (Name) how's it going- I love you will you please spend your life with me?!'" I said sarcastically. "Well, maybe you don't have to tell her how you feel..." Gray smirked as an idea formed. "Whatdya mean?" I asked. "Well...you can write something like 'I love you' in the sand and tell her to come see it." Gray shrugged. My eyes lit up. That idea wasn't half bad, though I'd never admit that out loud since it was Frosty's idea. "Alright, I'll distract her, you go find a spot with nice sand..." I ordered as I walked towards (Name).
*Your POV*
"Hey, (Name)!" Natsu finally spoke to you. "Yeah?" You smiled. "I bet you can't swim out really far into the ocean!" He challenged. "Oh, it's on!" You grinned and began to swim away. You kept getting farther and farther from land each passing minute, until you could barely sea it anyshore (lol I'm sorry I couldn't help it). You looked around, and thought this was far enough. "I hope Natsu see's this...I love him, but he looses his attention span every two seconds..." You chuckled. Your chuckling was cut short however, when you felt something brush past your legs. You though it was probably a fish and began swimming back. You never made it back though, as you felt something bite into your left leg. You screamed as it began to pull you down. You resisted, and began using (your magic power) against it, but it wasn't working due to the fact you couldn't see whatever was crushing your leg. It finally let go, and you cringed at the sight of the pool of blood around you. Then you saw it. A large, grey fin swam towards you. "God....help..." You cried as the shark came back for another bite.
*Natsu again*
I supervised over Frosty's sand drawing. It was actually really nice, and he made little hearts and everything. "Hey Flame Breath!" Gray called out, freeing me from my thoughts, shouldn't you check on (Name)?!" Oh crap. He was right. So I went to the shore and looked out into the water. I could barely see it, but I saw a spot of...red? Wait....I didn't realize what I was looking at until someone yelled....
*Erza's POV (hehe that just came from no where, huh?)*
"(NAME?!)" I yelled, searching for my friend. None of the girls had seen her, and I was beginning to get worried. I always had a motherly instinct towards her, as if she was a baby. I began thinking of where she could be then..."Aha! She loves swimming! Maybe she went for a swim!" I scanned the ocean looking for her. I saw her, she had swam really far out, so far, that I could barely identify her. She seemed...scared? Suddenly she was pulled under, and red began to dye the blue water. I panicked and screamed. "SHARK!!!!"
*Natsu*
It was a shark. And it was heading towards her again. I sprang into action, jumping in and swimming as fast as I could to reach (Name). I was just a few feet away from her when she was dragged down again. "Oh no you don't!" I yelled in anger as I dove into the water. I saw (Name) struggling in pain as a huge shark was bitting into the left side of her stomach. This shark was the biggest he'd ever seen, and looked like it could break the world record. You know how some people say you will go against the forces of nature sometimes to achieve your goal? Well that what I did. "FIRE DRAGON ROAR!!!" I yelled and amazingly used fire magic underwater and burning up the shark. No idea how I used fire underwater, but I didn't care at the moment. The shark swam away as fast as it could. I swam to (Name) and began dragging her to shore. When we got there, everyone gathered around. I held (Name's) head on my lap and began yelling. "WENDY! COME HELP! SOMEONE CALL FOR HELP! QUICK!" Wendy quickly began trying to do anything she could for her 'big sister' (Name). I looked around at everyone, and noticed they were staring at (Name's) lower half. I looked down there and gasped. Her left leg was gone. That was were I lost it. I began sobbing. I guess I cried to hard, cause next thing I knew I blacked out.
*Time Skip brought to you by Gajeel and his amazing guitar skills*
*Still Natsu*
I woke up in Lucy's house. "What the hell...?" I groaned. "Oh! You're awake!" Lucy said with relief as she walked over to me. "Wait...WHERE'S (NAME)?!" I asked frantically. "Don't worry...she's fine. She's at the guild. She's still recovering." Lucy reassured me. "How long have I been out?" "A week." "HOLY CRAP I'VE GOT TO SEE HER!" I ran out of Lucy's house as she yelled at me to come back. I didn't care. I HAD to see (Name).
*Your POV*
"Thanks Gray." I smiled as Gray took away my tray of now finished food. "No problem, (Name)." He smiled back and kissed my forehead. Gray is such a great friend, I tell him everything. Like how I'm now terrified of the ocean, how I once accidentally peed myself on a mission, and most importantly my huge crush on Natsu. He then left to bring my food back to Mira. About a minute later, I heard rushed footsteps coming towards my room. My door bust open and in came my favorite pink haired idiot. "(NAME)!" He yelled and ran to me.
*Natsu*
I ran to her and grabbed her hand, squeezing it tight. "Oh my god...you're okay..." I said in pure happiness. "Yup! Thanks to you.." She smiled. Tears began to flow as I saw that smile. "Natsu! Don't cry! I'm alright, see?!" (Name) panicked. "I thought I lost you...that I would never see you again...that I couldn't ever tell you I love you..." My eyes burst open wide. Crap, I let it slip! "I love you too." (Name) kissed my check. "Y-you do?! Really!? Awesome!" I laughed and hugged her gently, just incase. Then I remembered. "Wait...your leg?!" I yelled terrified. (Name) giggled and removed the blanket covering her. I saw the bite in her stomach was now fixed with stitches and instead of two normal legs, she now had one leg and...and wooden one?! "Reedus drew me up a new leg! This one's wooden, and works just as good as the last one." She explained. I'd have to remember to thank Reedus later. So I stayed there for the rest of the day, and cuddled with the now one legged love of my life.