Life's Too Short (Gray x Reader)

I walked up to the guild with anxiously and nervousness building up inside me. 'What if he doesn't remember me? What if he still hates me?' Millions of questions ran through my head as I stood in front of the Fairy Tail Guild Hall's doors.  I slowly opened them to find an array of colorful happy people. I felt so different, with my dark aura and clothing, while they were so cheerful and bright, as they talked to each other and laughed. Sticking to the shadows, I made my way unnoticed to the bar. "Excuse me..." I called out to the nice looking woman behind the counter. "Hello! I'm Mira! Are you here to talk to the master about joining or-" I interrupted her. "Actually... I was wondering if you know an old friend of mine?" I asked. "Is this friend part of the guild?" she asked with a smile.  I sighed. "Last I heard he was...." "What's his name then?" I closed my eyes and gave another sigh. "Gray Fullbuster." Was my blunt answer. Mira's eyes lit up. "Oh! Gray? He's right over there!" She pointed to a table with some people sitting at it. "Thank you." I told her and walked to the table, trying to to gain attention. At the table sat four wizards and a cat. "Hello! Are you new?" A girl with blonde hair and pigtails asked nicely when she saw me. I'm not very good at talking anymore...so I just tried different words. "Uh..yeah...I'm looking for...a ice Mage?" I quickly mumbled. "I'm an ice Mage." One of them spoke up. I looked at him...he looked like Gray, but i wasn't too sure. "A-are you...Gray?" I asked. He then looked at me, as if trying to recall something. "Yes...and here, come with me." He said taking my hand leading me away. His friends just watched baffled, but shrugged it off and continued talking. Gray led me to a table all the way in a corner, hidden from most.  I was going to sit down, but he grabbed him and pulled me towards him. "(Y-y/n)..." He said and hugged me. I was shocked, but hugged back. "I-I thought y-you were d-dead..." He sniffled. Then I realized. "Gray! You're crying!" I said in surprise. "That doesn't matter. You're back!" He said happily. He then let go and we sat down at the table. "So..." I started, but was interrupted. "Explanation. Now." Gray demanded. "Well...I would've came sooner, but I was a bit busy dealing with other problems, and I was in a few dark guilds but I've left all the bad stuff behind and-" "Not that! I don't care how long you took, I want to know why you left me in the first place!" Gray stopped me again. "Alright..." I began, sighing. "That night you disobeyed Ur, and s-she...." I looked down and trailed off, not wanting to finish that sentence, so I continued elsewhere. "I know I said some pretty mean stuff, both me and Lyon. We both said it was your fault she was gone, Gray, but I swear it wasn't. We were just kids, I didn't know how to feel or who to blame, and I'm sorry for that. After that, I left you because you said you never wanted to see me again...sorry, guess you're seeing me again right now...." I ended with tears trailing down my cheeks and a slight chuckle. I looked up to see Gray's reaction. He looked surprised and sad. "I'm sorry (Y/n)... I shouldn't have said that, but I was too focused on my own pain to see the pain I caused you, and Lyon. I wish I had comforted you, but all I did was push you away." He said, still crying. "Can you forgive me for leaving and all the things I said prior to that..?" I asked softly. "Only if you forgive me for making you leave..." He replied. "I forgive you." We both said in unison. We started laughing. I then remembered why I came to find Gray in the first place. "So...you'll come back then?" I asked. "Back?" Gray repeated. "Yeah! You'll come back with me, and we'll find Lyon! And then it'll be just like before!" I smiled.
*Gray*
She gave me a smile. "(Y/n)...I just can't go back with you...I mean, I'm part of this guild now! So this is why you came? To force me to come back with you?" I said, a bit angrily. "Hey! Don't get mad! I just thought that-" I jumped up and grabbed her shoulders. "Well it was nice seeing you (Y/n), hope you have a nice life!" I said ushering her towards the guilds door. "So now if you'll be going-" "There it is! You're shutting me out again, Gray! It's like your favorite thing to do now, huh?! I knew asking you would be a waste of time, I knew you wouldn't care! Go ahead kick me out, but out of the three of us I'm the only one who never truly blamed you for Ur!" She yelled at me. Now the whole guild was staring at us as we argued. "You can go ahead! Blame me, I don't care! You're just some girl who doesn't know anything about magic or the real life!" I screamed back. "That's not true!" She retorted. "Wanna bet?" I furrowed my brows. Her face scrunched up in anger. "Well life's too short to let you treat me like this! Like you just forgotten all we went through!" "Well life's too short to go on answering to you and Lyon's every need like I used to!" I spit back. "You have no idea what I've been through because of you!" She cried. I looked at her. She was crying and seemed to be giving off an angry blue glow. I looked around. The guild was in pure shock and anxiety to see what happened. Then I thought about (Y/n) again. What did she do to deserve the pain I brought upon her? I thought back to our childhood.
*flash back*
I stood with tears in my eyes as Ur cast her ice shell. "N-NO!" (Y/n) screamed as Lyon held her back. I just stood in pure fear. After everything had settled down, I saw (Y/n) crying and attempted to give her a hug. "H-hey-" "Don't touch me!" She yelled and pushed me off. "It's all your fault! She's gone! All because of you!" She sobbed. "Oh yeah? Well you shouldn't be crying! I'm the killer here! Not you, you baby!" I said angrily. "I have every right to cry! You made me! And you can cry too! You are the one who killed my mommy!" "Just go away you stupid girl! I don't want to see you!" "Fine!"
That night when I went looking for (Y/n), she was gone. Not a trace. I guess I went to far. I drove away the only girl I love.
*back to normal*
"I....I....." I burst into tears and fell on the ground. "G-gray...?" (Y/n) asked, looking more worried than angry. "(Y/n)..." I said and extended a hand to her. "Join me." I looked up to her and smiled through my tears. "Wha...what?" She asked through her own tears. "I want you to join me here at the guild. I'm sorry it won't be exactly like old times, but I'll try my best to make it perfect, just for you." And with that she threw her arms around me and hugged me. I hugged back. "Thank you...Gray..." She sniffled. "Hey, (Y/n)..?" "Yeah?" "I know I've waited a really long time to say this, but I've wanted to ever since we were kids. I love you." I cringed as I waited for her response. "I love you too." She smiled. A giant "Awwwww!" was heard from the entire guild as I held her in my arms, never wanting this moment to end. "You know, (Y/n)....life's too short to stay mad at you, and too short to not spend it with you."

*Bonus*
"Um...Gray? (Y/n)? You're clothes?"
"AHHHH!!!"
"WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN AT THE WORST TIMES?!"