Accidental Healing Confessions (Gajeel x Reader)

I started to stir slightly as I heard voices. "So what's the deal? why'd you ask me to meet you out here...make it fast, I gotta get to work?" I heard a gruff voice say. I'd know that voice anywhere, it was Gajeel. Ah, Gajeel. That guy has caused so much trouble today, but I still love him none the less. Even before he joined our guild, I couldn't fight him, he'd just make me feel so...weird? Well, I guess this wasn't the best place I'd chosen to nap, huh? I had decided to take a quick rest in the South Gate Park under the huge tree. The guild was in one of their fights when I decided to leave the guild hall. Usually I'd fight along, but today just wasn't my day. So here I was, sleeping and hearing all that was going on outside through my dreams. "We've got a bone to pick with you!" "After what you did to us, there's no way you're joining our guild!" It was Jet and Droy yelling at Gajeel. Hmm...interesting. "Come on guys, can't you just forgive and forget?" Gajeel responded. "Maybe he's right, I mean...now that he's in the guild he's not gonna do it again!" Levy, who sounded closer to me than anyone else, added. "We gotta let him know." "He can't mess with us." Jet and Droy retorted. Suddenly, the action started. "That's right! Go ahead and act tough! While you still can!" Jet yelled and I heard him burst forward with his speed magic and punch Gajeel. Droy then yelled "SECRET SEEDS!" And then "KNUCKLE PLANT!" I then heard Gajeel get punched by thousands of plant fists. "FALCON HEAVEN SOAR!" Jet yelled and I heard another attack."You had enough yet?" "What happened to the tough guy act!?" Jet and Droy asked. I agreed with them for once, why wasn't Gajeel retaliating? Suddenly, footsteps were heard coming towards the tree. "You're not givin' the new guy a hard time, are ya?" I grew nervous. It can't be..."Laxus?!" Someone asked. Laxus continued. "But seeing this is the punk that tore down our guild hall, I understand how you feel. I bet the only reason the old geezer let you join the guild was 'cause he was scared of you decking the place again." Laxus stopped at what sounded like he was directly in front of Gajeel. "WE'VE BECOME THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE MAGIC COMMUNITY, BECAUSE OF YOU!" Laxus yelled at Gajeel, who growled in return. "On my way back from my last job, I stopped off at a few pubs, and I heard some things that really pissed me off! Everybody was talking about how WEAK the Fairy Tail guild is now, no one DARED to say that about us before YOU came along!" I could hear Laxus charging up his magic energy as he ranted. Oh no...this wasn't good. "NOW YOU'RE GONNA PAY!" I could hear Laxus hit Gajeel with some of his lightning, and punched the ground sending another shock his way. I instantly woke up and jumped in front of Gajeel at the last minute, taking the hit. "Crap...that wasn't a dream..." I muttered. Although I am a Earth Dragon Slayer and Laxus's attack doesn't affect me, the blow sure did give me a shock. "(Y/N)?!" Laxus yelled in anger. "Yes...Laxus?" I said in between my teeth. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU IDIOT!? I don't want to hurt your sorry ass! I want to hurt his!" Laxus yelled some more at me. "Well the only 'sorry ass' that will be hurting today will be yours unless you leave! NOW!" I yelled back. Now this was shocking to everyone. Laxus was taken aback for sure. I'm usually cool and collected and never talk back. But here I am, shouting at Laxus for heaven's sake! Laxus says nothing more, and just walks away. Jet and Droy start dragging Levy away as well (much to her disapproval). Soon it's only me and Gajeel. I hold out my hand to where he sat on the ground, still a bit shocked at what happened. I put one of his arms around my shoulder and decided to help him walk to my house. "Pfft. I don't need your help." Gajeel grunted as I began walking. "Yeah...sure you don't, big guy..." I joked. We finally arrived to my place, which was pretty far from the guild, since I do pretty much spend most of my time at the guild or on missions I don't go home that often. "This is your house...?" Gajeel asked as I unlocked the door and let us in. "Yup." Was I I said as I set him down on my couch. "Be right back, I'm going to go get some stuff." And with that I left the room to get some healing supplies.
*Gajeel's POV*
'Well...this is pretty weak. Letting (Y/n) help me and all...and letting her take that hit! I mean, sure Laxus' lightning doesn't affect her, but she still looked a bit shaken up after! And why'd she even help me? It's not like there's a chance she returns my feelings or anything! Ugh, I'm such an idiot. So much for being the cool tough guy in front of (Y/n)....damn it. She probably thinks I'm a wuss now. She's the whole reason I joined this guild in the first place, and now she probably thinks I'm some sort of joke. Gah! This is too much pressure! I'm just gonna rest...maybe a nap would do me some good.' And with those thoughts in mind, I fell asleep on (Y/n)'s couch.
*Back to you*
I walked in with an arm full of bandages and medicines as I saw Gajeel sleeping peacefully on my couch. 'Aw...he looks so cute without that usual frown...' I thought to myself. I set all my equipment down and inspected his body for any injuries. The first I noticed was a huge gash on his arm. "Hmm...wonder what could've done that...oh well..." I began cleaning it. Then, I decided to put some alcohol on it, to disinfect it. "Hope he doesn't wake up..." I murmured as I slowly poured the bottler over his wound. Well...I jinxed myself. As soon as the alcohol hit the gash, Gajeel's fist went flying up out of instinct...and connected with my face (specifically my right eye), sending me to the ground. "Wha...where am I- OH CRAP!" Gajeel yelled as he saw me. "What?" I asked. "Y-your eye!" I looked over to a mirror I just randomly hung on the wall. My eye wasn't looking to good. "Eh, it's alright, just a black eye." I shrugged it off and continued cleaning his wounds. "JUST a black eye?! But I just punched you and gave you a black eye! Aren't you mad?!" Gajeel asked angrily. "No. It's my fault for not waking you up to tell you I was cleaning your injuries. Sorry." Gajeel just gave me a look of disbelief. I then used one of the healing spells my friend Wendy taught me to make the gash heal faster (A/N I know Wendy isn't introduced yet, but you know her as a friend outside the guild or something like that). My hands glowed and touched the gash, and it instantly sealed up. Thanks, Wendy. "H-how?!" Gajeel asked suddenly. "Well...it's not that hard, a friend taught me-" "Not that!" Gajeel interrupted. "How do you not hate me? I destroyed your guild, beat up your friends, just knocked your eye out, yet your still helping me, how?" Gajeel asked me and looked me dead in the eyes. "Well I can't choose who I love, can I?" I retorted, then instantly covered my mouth. "Shit!!" I hissed. I looked at Gajeel. He had this smirk on his face. I started panicking. Oh he's sooooo going to make fun of me now. He's probably disgusted! Oh why?! Why?! Why?!- "Well you better get used to me coming over, 'cause I didn't get to choose either, but I'm glad whoever chose for me chose you." Was the last thing I heard before I felt warm lips connect with mine. My eyes widened in pure shock. I kissed back after the initial shock. "Heh. Guess that means we're stuck together now, huh (Y/n)?" Gajeel smirked. "Yup. You're my metal head now..." Gajeel then grabbed my shoulders and made me face him. "You have to promise me though." "Promise what?" "THAT YOU'LL NEVER DO SOMETHING AS STUPID AS STANDING IN THE DIRECT RANGE OF FIRE OF AN ATTACK EVER AGAIN, YOU MANIAC!!! YOU COULD'VE GOTTEN HURT! OR KILLED! OR-" "Yup...love you too metal head."