CHAPTER 6 - WOLVES

"We are gonna be starting up trouble. I know, I know, I know. Just getting my demons out, wouldn't ever doubt. Your beauty could start a war."

CHAPTER 6 - WOLVES

Here are a few highlights from my first week at college.

I made a good friend named Bonnie, who is very cool and someone I get along with. Even though she made my world with Thompson smaller, I am still glad to have a roommate and friend like her.

I got the chance to know probably one of the talented bands that I have ever heard of. Bad Decision. Bonnie introduced me to their music and I was so thrilled to be exposed to it. I'd been saying over and over that they were awesome, and I was sure that they will make it big soon.

That's a fact.

And despite that heartless demon being there, there's no denying the fact that they were skilled and talented. I may dislike the guy, but I have to give credit where credit is due. Their songs were heartfelt and you could easily dance to them as well. And as much as it pains me to admit it, since I saw his scribbles--the song lyrics, it's undeniable that Tommo had something to do with their band's success.

I had to give him props for that.

This another discovery made me see him in another light. He was a genius, both academically and artistically.

How can such a cold-hearted and cruel person write such touching songs like that?

My mind wondered about the time I saw him in the library.

I was hoping to find solace in books, but instead, I found him.

And another memory of us has been unlocked yet again. I hate that no matter how much I tried to escape from him, he kept appearing in my life in one way or another.

Could it be because we had unfinished business between us? Maybe there was something he wanted to tell me that he never got the chance to? I think that's why fate was determined to keep us connected, to finish what we started.

But we're already finished.

He made me fall for him. He succeeded. Turns out it was all a game. I got mad. Stop talking to him, and he did the same too. We then ignored each other until he graduated.

It's finished.

I wasn't sure why, but I couldn't stop thinking about our first encounter. How he acted as if nothing had happened. We're back to bickering as if nothing has changed.

I wanted to confront him, I had planned it and formulated the words in my mind. But every time I was about to do so, my courage failed me. I felt like I was back in high school, and I was stuck in that same place.

I think this is not a problem of courage, but problem with pride. I wanted him to see that what he did didn't affect me, that it didn't destroy me. I wanted him to realize how strong I was despite the horrible things he did.

What if he's changed and regrets his past actions?

I laughed internally at the thought of Tommo regretting something. That guy has pride and ego bigger than Jupiter! He was always so confident and self-assured that I couldn't imagine him ever regretting anything.

He was always so stubborn and unyielding that I couldn't imagine him admitting to being wrong.

"I always think before I act, Emma. So I never make decisions on impulse or under pressure. I don't like changing my mind once I've decided on something." He stared at me intently with those blue eyes as he caressed my cheek with his thumb.