CHAPTER 7.5 - GIRL ALMIGHTY

"Am I the only, only believer? There's something happening here. I hope you feel what I'm feeling too."

CHAPTER 7.5 - GIRL ALMIGHTY

I felt lost in that moment, not sure what to say. But the warmth in Harry's eyes made me feel calmer. We shared a moment of silence before he broke it with a gentle laugh.

Whoa, what's going on with me?

Acting all weird, and my heart is racing.

Could this be because of... Harry?

I snapped myself out of that brief moment of trance. Spacing out like that must be embarrassing!

"I'll probably cause a line here for talking too much. I think I should order."

"I talked too much, too. I got carried away." Harry rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled softly. "What do you want to order?"

I smiled and ordered my favorite latte. "Can't decide on a pastry yet, they all look yummy!" I struggled to pick one as I looked at the display, my mouth watering at the delicious selection.

"Try the strawberry cheesecake, dear. Harry made them." Said a woman standing behind Harry with a sweet smile on her face. She had a kind, warm demeanor, like a grandmother.

Surprised, I turned to Harry to confirm what she had revealed. "You made that?" I pointed to the droolworthy looking strawberry cheesecake.

Harry nodded shyly.

"Not just that, dear. He baked those as well." She gestured proudly at the wide selection of sweets inside the glass cabinet.

"Nana," Harry protested. That tinge of red on his cheeks was proof he was embarrassed.

I beamed at Harry, looking so proud. Who knew he could bake? A musician, singer, and baker? What a talented guy!

And damn attractive, too! The inner me gushed.

I purposely ignore her and focus on what's in front of me. "Wow, Harry. That's pretty impressive. They all look delicious and I'm tempted to try them all."

Harry's face lit up, his smile widened. "Thanks, Emma. I hope it also tastes delicious, not just aesthetically." He said with a small laugh. "I'll serve your coffee and cheesecake at your table. I'm determined to make sure you have the best experience here so you will return."

"This is definitely one of my favorite places already. Thanks, Harry."

What a refreshing feeling; to meet someone so sweet and thoughtful as Harry. He made me feel so welcome and I could tell that he was genuine. It was nice to have someone like him around.

Someone sweet, for a change.

I walked towards the wall with books, eager to see what titles were on the shelves. I was pleasantly surprised to find a variety of books, both fiction and non-fiction, and I quickly began to browse through them.

I had just been dreaming about finding a place like this, and now here I was, surrounded by books and the aroma of coffee. It felt like a dream come true!

My eyes caught on a familiar book that brought back old memories, Dante's Inferno. They even have classic books here. I thought. I didn't let that memory ruin my moment today, so I decided to continue searching for another one. I looked further along the shelf and found one of my favorites, The Notebook. Excited, I quickly grabbed it and made my way to the comfiest chair in the room. I settled in and opened the book, and as I read, I felt my entire body relax in the cozy atmosphere.