3

Two sinners can't atone from a lone prayer
Souls tied, intertwined by our pride and guilt

My head is pounding, I reach for my phone to turn off the alarm, 13:45. Fuck me, that alarm was set for 10. Groggily, I sit up and slide on my slippers, there's a note at the top of the banister 'Dear y/n we're leaving for our trip to Geneva, there's food in the fridge and money in the safe for groceries and other necessities, sleep well darling and see you in two weeks!! Mum and Dad XX' I plod down the stairs and start pouring myself a bowl of cereal, I pull out my phone to see 13 missed calls from Teresa and even more texts. She's calling again, I pick up being met with that loud noise of Teresa "Y/n what the fuck were you thinking? You're so lucky I found you and not anyone else. Are you out of your fucking mind?" she shouts down the phone "T, what the fuck are you on about?" I say eating a spoonful of cereal "What did I do?" there's a pause from the other end of the line before "You're telling me you don't remember" Teresa questions "No I don't" I reply my mouth full of cereal. "I was looking for you to leave last night and found you and Newt making out on the balcony, what were you thinking? You fucking hate him" there's no way that's actually true, I try to recall what happened last night, I arrived with T, she ditched me for Thomas, I saw Ben kissing that girl, Newt was a dick as usual, smoked with Fry and then he left to go home, then. "T, what the fuck have I done?"

Timeskip

"I mean there not that noticeable" Teresa says peering at the hickeys covering my neck in the mirror "Are you having a giggle? There's no part of my neck that not a fucking hickey, how am I gonna cover this?" I face the mirror again examining the mess that Newt made of my neck "He's never gonna let me live this down" "Maybe he forgot as well" Teresa says trying to cheer me up "Lets fucking hope so" I grab phone and go on Instagram, trying to see people stories from last night, hoping Teresa was the only one to see us. Nothing about it from any of his friends or from anyone else. I swipe off of stories and notice I have a new notification, Fry just followed me, I go to his profile and follow him back. "Ooo who's that y/n?" Teresa peers round my shoulder "I met him last night, he's a new friend" I say as she starts shoving a freddo in her mouth "Mhm sure" she mumbles "The fucks that supposed to mean?" I shout at her as she shrugs her shoulders.

Timeskip

The bus pulls up to its stop a couple of roads from school, I squeeze off and slide my headphones off my ears and rest them around my neck. "Y/n wait up" I turn around and see Teresa running towards me struggling to put on her blazer, "Jesus Christ y/n your neck" she says playfully tugging at the collar of my shirt, "Shut up I tried to cover them" I slap her hand away "Well you did a great job, no one's ever gonna notice" she adds sarcastically rolling down her skirt before passing the teacher by the gates.

We walk through the gates of school and join the crowd of black blazers and chatter, Teresa and I make it inside the building where we both immediately roll our skirts back up and walk towards our form room. Ben and his friends are standing in the middle of the corridor, "Y/n stop staring" Teresa nudges me as we walk past them and into the geography classroom that is our form. Thomas, Minho and Newt are already sitting on their desks a small group of girls crowding them, "Y/n I'm just gonna go and-" Teresa starts before I grab her arm "No, you're not ditching me for him again, not today" I drag her to the back of the room and sit down in our seats, glaring at our useless form teacher sitting in his chair on his phone.

"Hey y/n you think your necks bad look at what you did to Newts" Teresa whispered in my ear, sure enough his was a lot worse than mine, he had hickeys all over his neck and jaw "You never told me you gave him hickeys" "I don't remember giving him them" I reply still staring in awe at what I'd done. He leaned back on the desk and tilted his head in our direction, I turned to Teresa and pretended to be speaking with her "He just saw us didn't he" she whispered "Yeah definitely, just act like we weren't I can't deal with all his issues today" I whisper back. He stood up and whispered something to Minho and Thomas "T, they're coming over" "What?" she turned around "Fuck" she said turning back to me. "Hey Teresa" Thomas said walking up behind her and wrapping his arms around her, "Hey Thomas" she giggled back, glancing at me as if she'd one some sort of prize. "Hey y/n" Minho perked up "Looks like you and Newt are matching" he joked pointing at my neck. Newt gave him a look of disgust, "I'd rather not be matching with her in any way thanks Minho" he scoffed "Plus, let's be honest she probably faked those for attention, I mean you know her, the whore physically can't function unless everyone's eyes are on her and who in their right mind would actually want to risk giving her those, who knows where she's been" "You're hardly one to talk" I mutter "What did you say?" Newt said raising his voice "You heard me" I replied rising out of my chair. "What did I say, she's just gotta have all the attention, grow up a bit y/n there's no need for you to be dramatic" I glared at him, using everything in my power to try and not slap him in the face again, he already has a red mark on his face from the last time. "Anyway" Thomas said shifting the conversation "You wanna join us lunch Teresa?" he said resting his head on her shoulder. "Um, I don't know, I don't wanna ditch y/n" she looked over at me "It's fine T, I'll just find Fry" she smiled at me, thanking me with her eyes "Alright then, sure" she smiled at Thomas. "You sure Teresa? I mean I don't think it's a good idea leaving y/n alone with an imaginary person, it's probably not too good for her declining mental state" Newt smugly added trying to stare me down. "Alright guys head off to class now" sir shouted over the bell, never taking his eyes off his phone, "Try not to jump off a building while looking for you new 'friend'" Newt whispers before walking out of the room with Minho and Thomas. "He's so lucky we have to leave, I was fully about to punch his bug eyed face" I say storming out of room "Sure you were" Teresa says patting my back.

We walk through the corridor towards our musiclesson stopping at Teresas locker to grab her sheet music before legging it tothe music corridor arriving two minutes late. "Y/n, Teresa where have you been"miss asks helping Brenda set up her mic "Picking up T's sheet music miss" Ireply taking my sticks out of my bag and settling myself behind the wobbly drumkit. "Hm, fine just don't be late again" she says plugging the mic into an amp.I take out my phone as the others tune their instruments, my parents sent me aphoto, I open the message it's of them in front of the Cathédrale Saint-Pierrede Genève. I read the text under the photo 'Hey y/n we've just finishedchecking into the hotel and went on a lovely walk. You'd love it here the architectureis amazing! Lots of love mum and dad xx' I smile at the photo and put my phoneback in my blazer pocket. "You ready y/n?" Brenda turns to look back at me "Youbet, what do you wanna play first?" I grab my sheet music and start shufflingthrough it "Everlong, please can we start with Everlong" Teresa shoutsexcitedly, we pass a couple of nods between us and I grab my music from thepile of papers in my hand before putting them back in my bag and placing theone for Everlong on my music stand "Ready?" I glance around before tapping usin on my sticks, Teresa starts strumming her guitar calmly, before it's my cuefor the hi-hat and then bass drum before we're fully into the song. Brendastarts singing into the mic, I forgot how amazing her voice was wow, the musicswells around us and everything that has happened over the past weekend seepsfrom my mind as the music envelops me. my mind is blank, in the moment,enjoying the sound we're producing. We're at the point we're I can rest and letthe guitarists play unaccompanied, my cue for the hi-hat again, snare and bassnext and now I'm playing my heart out, hitting the drums as hard as I can,letting my emotions escape with every hit. Teresa plays her final cord and thesong ends, I look up out of breath, "Girls that was incredible" Miss W saysclapping her hands together and walking towards us "Y/n you need to come infaster before the final chorus though and Brenda I want more power in yourvoice there as well, but other than that it was perfect" we all exchange looksof happiness and begin to get our music for the next song.