17

From the daylight, runnin' from the daylight
Oh, I love it and I hate it at the same time

"Oi T, wait up" I shout as Teresa runs down the hill from my house, we're heading towards the Glade to meet Newt, Minho, Thomas, and Fry "You have the drinks, right?" she shouts back at me as I catch up to her "Obviously," she opens my bag and tosses in a packet of cigs. "I'm actually so glad to be on Easter holidays" she sighs lifting her head up and closing her eyes and enjoying the sun, "Agreed, I haven't been pissed in ages, this is gonna be such a good holiday."

We walk through the streets until we reach the Glade, I open the gate and we walk onto the grassy field "Y/n, Teresa" someone shouts behind us we turn around and see Fry running to catch up with us, "You guys alright?" he says "Yeah, you?" I say as walk around the puddles on the ground "I'm good." He replies as Teresa runs ahead of us "I can see them" she says waving her arms to three figures in the distance before running off the meet them.

"So, any updates with you and Newt?" Fry asks as we walk towards the others "I might've forgotten to tell you something" I say smirking at him "What've you done?" he says concerned "He might have asked me out" I squeal "And what did you say?" "I said yes," I say a smile plastered across my face "Have you told Teresa?" he asks excitedly "Might've forgotten to do that too, I'll probably do it today." We walk up to the others, Thomas' arm is draped over Teresa's shoulder as she giggles happily, Minho is sitting on the floor taking a swig from a bottle of vodka "You alright love?" Newt walks up to me, placing a kiss on my lips as he pulls me into a hug, "Yeah I am, you?" "I'm good" he smiles wrapping his arm around my waist. "Um, the fuck have I missed?" Teresa says as I turn to face her "Have you not told her?" Newt whispers in my ear, I shake my head. "Y/n? care to explain?" she asks "We're dating T" a grin spreads across her face as she jumps out of Thomas' arms and pulls me into a hug "Fucking finally, gimme the when, where and how right now," she says releasing me from her grasp and sitting down pulling me next to her "Yesterday when he was at mine" I reply "How extremely romantic," Teresa says sarcastically as Newt sits down next to us. "Either way, I'm happy for you. Hopefully I can get your mate to do the same thing soon" she whispers to Newt before getting up and standing with Thomas.

Reaching over I grab two cans of Smirnoff ice, passing one to Newt and opening the other one, "Does anyone have a speaker?" Minho asks getting off the ground a dusting off his trousers "I do, it's in y/ns bag" Teresa says walking over and taking her speaker out of my bag, passing it to Minho. He connects it and Dancing in the Courthouse by Dominic Fike starts blasting from the speaker, "What's his deal with her" I whisper to Newt "What do you mean?" he whispers back taking a sip from his can, "I mean does he like her or is he just leading her on?" I ask watching as Thomas pulls her into a hug "I think he does, I mean, things have been complicated for him since he broke up with his ex, he probably just wants to take it slow, you know?" he replies leaning back on the floor and looking at me "Just as long as she doesn't get hurt in the process ok" he nods as I take a swig from my drink. "How long till sunset?" I ask looking down at him, he pulls out his phone and opens it, "Is that me?" I ask catching a glimpse of his lockscreen. He turns his phone off and on again showing me the lockscreen, it's the photo he took of me the day I went back to his, "What? I liked the photo" he protests.

The sun begins to set as the song changes to 405 by Metronomy and Biig Piig, I reach for my cigarettes, taking two out, passing one to Newt, and placing the other in between my lips before striking the lighter and holding it up to the end of the cigarette, passing it to Newt when I'm done. "The sky looks pretty" he softly murmurs, leaning back and letting my back rest on the ground next to him I look up to follow his gaze, watching the blue sky fade into a pinky-orange "I would have to agree with you," I say glancing at him, my eyes meeting his. I bring the cigarette up to my lips, inhaling the smoke as I feel his hand on top of mine, him lacing our fingers together. 

The others slowly begin to join us on the grass as the sky darkens and night falls, "Where's my phone?" Teresa asks using the touch on Thomas' phone to look for hers in the pile of drinks and phones as Minho and Fry walk off to smoke a joint "I'll call it" I say sitting up and taking my phone out of my pocket "Hey Siri, call T" I speak into my phone "Calling, T" my phone responds before dialing Teresa's number. Her phone starts buzzing in the pile "Got it, thanks y/n" she smiles before turning her attention back to Thomas.

Newt sits up next to me, "You good?" he asks, tucking my hair behind my ear "Yeah I'm good" I turn to face him, his brown hoodie looks really comfy right now I can't lie "Is it just me or is it kinda cold?" Iask him, wrapping my arms around myself as if I'm cold "Yeah, it's just you, did you bring a jacket?" he asks, picking up my bag and passing it to me "I don'tthink so" I say rifling through my bag for the jacket that I know isn't there "No I forgot to put it in" I sigh putting it down and looking back up at him. He sighs before wrapping his arms around my waist pulling me onto his lap, "Warmer now?"he asks "Kinda but I'm still cold" I respond continuing to eye his hoodie, he sighs "You want the hoodie don't you" I look down at the brown hoodie he's wearing then back at him "Maybe, but I am also cold" I say defensively "For fucks sake" he takes his arms from my waist and starts taking off the hoodie, sliding his arms out of the sleeves and pulling it over his head, his necklace falling against his chest as he does so, before putting it on mine and helping me put it on. "You are fully aware I can do that myself," I say as he pulls the hood over my head, "Shush" Newt laughs as he places his hands back on my waistband pulls me closer to him. I rest my head against his chest and start playing with his necklace, the rough leather cord, and the two silver pendants. "Newt?" "Yeah?"I look up at him "There's a second pendant" I say confused "There is" he laughs "Did you write another letter for Lizzy?" I ask touching the capsule "No" he replies "Did you write one for you mum?" I ask again looking at him confused "No" He smiles at me "What even is it?" he picks up the pendant I'm holding and looks at it, "It's another letter, for someone who means a lot to me" he pauses, "Incase the disease gets worse and I do have to leave her, she can remember me when I'm gone" he says looking down at me and placing his hand on my cheek and stroking it with his thumb "Who is it?" I ask moving to face him and crossing my arms behind his neck "I think you already know love" he smiles, his Brown eyes shining despite the darkness of the night, he pulls my face closer to his, connecting our lips as my eyes flutter shut.