10

Try to follow your light, but it's nighttime
Please, don't leave me in the end

"Teresa, watch out" I shout as she drunkenly stumbles out onto the road, "Calm down y/n I'm fine, now come on we're nearly at Minhos" I take a swig from my beer and cross the road after her, Fry by my side. "I can hear music, hurry up you two" Teresa shouts to us, entering the driveway of what I assume is Minho's house. We run after her and enter the driveway a few metres behind her, loud music is blaring from the house.

Teresa has already rang the doorbell when me and Fry catch up, the door swings open and we're greeted by a very drunk Minho. "You guys came, someone was worried you wouldn't," he says eyeing someone standing next to him. We walk inside, the loud music already hurting my head, Teresa wanders off to 'go find Thomas' Fry tailing behind her. I feel someone grabbing my arm, turning to see who it is, I'm met with a drunk Newt, he's wearing baggy jeans and a loose white shirt with his air forces, the silver pendant on his necklace twinkling in the light. "Y/n you kept your promise," he says happily going in to hug me, "Back off, I didn't come for you," I say dodging him and walking towards Minho's living room and sitting down on his sofa.

Unfortunately for me, Newt follows me there "C'mon y/n I'm being nice" he says sitting down next to me. I place my beer bottle beside me and open my Smirnoff ice, taking a swig "Yeah and it doesn't suit you very well, listen I'm here to have a good time not to be harassed by you" I say taking another big swig "I'm doing us both a favour here, if we stay away from each other then we won't end up kissing, like we agreed." "Fine, but I'm still here if you need me" he winks before walking off. Pig, I think to myself before taking another sip. The bottles nearly empty now, I need to slow down.

"Woah going a bit fast there" Gally chuckles as he sits next to me, "I know I know, lemme just finish this bottle and I'll slow down" I mumble, raising the bottle back to my lips and swallowing the rest of the liquid. "How've you been, I haven't seen you since my party" he takes the empty bottles from me and places them on the ground next to the sofa, "I've been great, besides the fact that the guy I hate is borderline obsessed with me every time he's not sober," I say sarcastically, "I was gonna ask, seemed a bit odd that you two were sitting together just now" he leans forward resting his arms on his cargos "It kinda looked like you two were into each other to be honest." "Trust me, I am not into Newt, yes he can be more tolerable when he's faded and yes sometimes, he can be a proper sweetheart, but he's still Newt, and I don't like Newt," I say turning to face Gally. "Are you trying to convince me or yourself there?" he jokes, running his hand over his outgrown buzzcut. "Piss off" I laugh resting my head on his shoulder, my eyes flick around the room looking for Teresa and Fry but they're nowhere to be found, instead I notice Newt standing in the doorway glaring at me and Gally.

I stand up and stretch up hand out towards Gally "Would you fancy a dance?" "Why not" he replies taking it and following me into the crowd of people dancing. We stop in the middle of the crowd of people awkwardly shuffling along to Sprinter by Dave and Central Cee. I reach up and cross my arms behind his neck and he wraps his hands around my waist pulling us closer together, "You know y/n, you look amazing right now" Gally whispers in my ear "Thank you, so do you" I whisper back. He really does, he's wearing a dark green t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up and black cargos, along with his black Doc Martins, his right wrist has a silver chain around it and his fingers have rings dotted around them.

"No seriously y/n, you look breathtaking," he says staring at me with his blue eyes, "Y/n?" he says touching our faces together "Yeah?" I reply quietly "Can I kiss you?" he asks before I press my lips against his. I feel his grip on my waist tighten as he pulls me closer to him, I reach up running my hand over his rough hair. The music gets louder as we continue to kiss, I open my eyes and look around the room. I spot Newt still standing in the doorway, our eyes meet for a few seconds before I close my eyes again and turn my attention back to Gally, his hand wanders down my hips as the other wanders up my back. I slide my hand down to cup his face while people dance around us, his hand feels cold against my back causing me to shiver.

He disconnects our lips and looks at me "You alright?" he asks "Yeah, I'm fine just a bit cold" I respond. He takes his hand from my hip and gently rubs my arm "Do you want my jacket?" he offers, I smile at him opening my mouth to accept his offer but someone shoves his away from me.

"Back off Gally" Newt shouts standing in front of me, "Dude what the fuck?" I hear Gally shout back "You heard me, back off her" I push Newt out of my way and glare at him "I'm not your fucking property Newt," I say angrily "Yeah well I didn't ask you to come just so you can go off kissing other guys" he shouts at me, "We're not dating Newt, we never will be, I can kiss whoever the fuck I want." I shout back "That's not the point y/n, I-" I interrupt him "What did you think would happen? That I'd get drunk and kiss you, cus I already told you that's not happening again" I scream back at him. The music grows louder covering up our shouts, "You two have kissed?" I hear Gally ask behind me. Fuck. I turn around to look at him "Yes, at your party, when he came to my house and when he begged me to meet him at the Glade" I say to him. "You promised not to tell anyone" Newt hisses behind me "Well it's too fucking late for that now," I say turning back to him "Is this what you do? Find drunk dudes to kiss and make them fall for you just so you can go and do it all over again right in front of them?" he says raising his voice. "The fuck? You kissed me first, every single time and I didn't find you, you found me" he grabs my arm tightly and pulls me towards him, "You're nothing but a desperate whore you know that" he whispers coldly in my ear. I snatch my arm out of his grip and slap him as hard as I can "Next time you decide to get high or drunk or both, don't bother coming to me cus I'm not dealing with you or your shit anymore" I say before turning around, walking away from him and leaving the party.