Chapter Thirteen

Jake is seen walking to the family mauri pod with Freya, Lo'ak, and Neteyam walking behind them.

"What was the one thing I asked ? The one thing, " jake said with a bit of anger in his tone.

"To stay out of trouble" lo'ak said as neteyam wiped blood from his mouth with freya just standing behind them with her arms crossed and a scowl on her face.

"To stay out of trouble exactly," jake repeated after lo'ak still angry.

"It's my fault," neteyam said with his hands in front of him, trying to take the blame for loak.

"Scuse me ?" Freya said as she unfolded her arms looking at neteyam.

"No, i don't think so. You gotta stop taking the heat for this knukklehead," jake said to neteyam immediately after freya's  exclamation, looking at lo'ak with a finger pointed in his direction.

"Look, dad, Ao'nung and his friends were picking on kiri, called her a freak," lo'ak said with a calm voice looking at his father.

Jake stops in his tracks, now knowing why the fight started in the first place, looking at neteyam and freya for confirmation. They both nodded upon looking at their father.

Jake sighs, "Go apologize to Ao'nung," jake said softly to them.

"What !!" Both lo'ak and freya exclaimed with Freya not believing what she's hearing and lo'ak not wanting to apologize to the asshole knowing very well that he and his friends deserved the beating they got from them especially from freya.

"He's the chief's son. Do you understand. I don't care how you do it. Just make peace. Go, " jake said to lo'ak and freya.

"Yeah, no, I'm not kissing anyone's ass just to stay here," Freya says, turning around and storming off to calm down as lo'ak walks off in the other direction.

Jake sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose and shaking his head at Freya and her temper.

As neteyam walks off, wiping the blood from his lips, he stops and turns around when his father speaks to him.

"Hey, so what do the others look like ?" Jake asked, looking at neteyam for an answer.

"Worse," neteyam stated. "That's good," jake said, "A lot worse, especially when freya was done with them," neteyam said with a big smile on his face.

"Get out of here," jake said softly to neteyam as he walked away after processing that bit of information proud of freya for what she had done to them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A little while after calming down, freya is seen walking around the village looking for lo'ak until she spots neteyam.

"Hey, neteyam, have you seen lo'ak anywhere ?" Freya asked neteyam as she walked up to him.

"No, I haven't seen him since he went off to apologize to Ao'nung. Why ?" Neteyam responded to Freya as she stood in front of him.

"Because I can't find him anywhere -" Freya said before she cut herself off when she heard laughter a few meters away from them.

Turning to the sound, both neteyam and freya found Ao'nung and his friends laughing as they came to the shore but didn't see lo'ak with them.

Freya got angry and stomped towards Ao'nung and his friends, with Neteyam following closely behind to make sure she didn't do anything stupid again.

Hearing footsteps behind them, the boys turned towards the sound, only for Ao'nung to be pushed onto the sand harshly by freya.

"Where's my brother ?" Freya asked them harshly while glaring at them.