zero.

.

« rumor has it: short story teaser »

          "Hello." He broke the silence between us. His voice was a bit too loud for the small hallway, but he didn't seem mind.

          "Uh, hi." I tucked my mess of hair behind my ear. "Can I help you?"

          The boy's attitude seemed to change after I spoke. His tall figure leaned against the door frame closest to me, making himself comfortable. "No," his eyes trailed down my body and back up, "but I can help you."

          I laughed a bit to myself, "Yeah, I think you're at the wrong room."

          "You're Noella, right?"

          "Yeah."

          The boy lets a small laugh escape him as he shifted his weight so he no longer leaning against the door. His body stood directly in front of me with only a few feet between us. "I've heard all about you."

          I began to play stupid now. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

          "Oh, come on," he said with a slight drag of the words. He reached out to playfully tap my shoulder, but I dodged his touch. His hand dropped back to his side. "What do you say?" His voice was a dark whisper now.

          I took a step back, ready to close the door second now, as I was becoming irritated with the conversation. "No, but thanks." He took a step forward to make up for the distance lost between us.

          "Noella --"

          I shuttered at the sound of his voice pleading my name. Putting a good amount of force on the door to close it, I thought I would soon be done with this mess. What I wasn't ready for was to see his hand snake around the door, preventing it from closing.

          "I don't think you really meant that now, did you?" The seemingly sweet smile of his turned into a devilish smirk.

« rumor has it: short story teaser »