Tired

*Feyre pov*
In the last 5 minutes I yawned for like 15th time. I was breastfeeding Nix in the living room when Cass came in. When he saw what I was doing, he abruptly stopped and quickly turned the other way. I chuckled. "My apologies, Feyre. I didn't know you were in here, doing that." "Doing what, Cass?" I asked with a tired grin on my face. "Well, feeding the baby. If I knew I wouldn't have come in here." The baby was done drinking and I pulled my shirt up. The lost of skin contact made the baby cry. Again. I let out a tired sigh and a tear slipped out of my eye, rolling down my cheek. I felt a comforting touch on my shield in my mind. Cassian, who knew I covered myself up, turned around at the sound of my baby, but also because he heard how tired I was. Nix had difficulties with sleeping through and woke up in the middle of the night, crying and couldn't be put back to sleep. But because he didn't sleep, that meant that Rhys and I didn't sleep. "Feyre, give the baby to me and get some rest. I know he has had trouble sleeping and so have you and your mate." Cass walked towards me and his hand motions to me to hand the baby to him. I hesitated for a moment, feeling guilty that I have to ask someone to look after Nix while I was going to sleep. Cass knew what I was thinking and said "Feyre, it's okay. You don't have to feel guilty about this. You're tired. You need rest. I don't mind playing with and taking care of him. He my nephew. And you're my High Lady. Go to bed." Before I could say anything, he walked away with a crying baby.
I was too tired to winnow or walk to my bedroom, so I lied down on the sofa and fell, before my head touched the cushion, in a deep sleep.

*Rhys pov*
I tried focussing on my paperwork but I couldn't read anymore. My sight was troubled with sleep and from yawning. I felt how tired my mate was and touched her shield in a comforting way, because the baby asked a lot of her. I stopped trying to read the sentence I already tried to read for the 29th time and winnowed to where my mate was. I found her in the living room, but no baby. I went to look for Nix so that I could take care of him while my mate was finally taking a well deserved and needed rest. I heard giggling in the library. I saw Cassian reading a book to Nix. He noticed me and smiled. He kept reading while I asked him in his mind "Are you the one that made it possible for Feyre to sleep?" Cass didn't take his eyes of the words in front of him, reading the story. But he nodded yes while he read the words. "Thank you." He looked at me with understanding eyes and a smile and went back to reading the story. I smiled back, looked again to my baby. My son. And I knew he was in good hands and I went to my sleeping mate. I lifted her legs gently and carefully up and lied them down on my legs when I sat down. She must have been very tired if she couldn't winnow or walk back to our bed. Concern appeared in my eyes. But the sleep took me in her arms as well and I fell asleep on the sofa, with my sleeping mates legs on mine.

*6hours later*
*Cass pov*
I read, played, put him to bed, washed and changed his diaper and repeated those things in that exact order for the last six hours. But there was one thing I couldn't do. I don't have boobs with milk. With a crying baby I went to the living room. I saw Rhys sleeping with an open mouth and drool coming out. I grinned. Then I saw Feyre, sleeping beauty herself. But they woke up because they heard their baby cry. Rhys eyes shot at me. "Is everything okay?" He asked worried. But Feyre her body already reacted to it. Her shirt became wet and her nipples hardend. She looked at me, giving me a nod of approval and I went to her and handed the baby over so that she could feed him. I walked away to give her some privacy. I went to the others, telling them what was happening so that they won't be interrupted.

*Rhys pov*
While my mate lifted down her shirt, I saw her swollen beautiful boob. She brought Nix to it so she could feed our son. I sensed she was still tired, but not as tired as before. I began gently massaging her legs and feet. A moan escaped her mouth with the pleasure I gave her. I felt myself harden. She also felt that and looked apologetic and guilty.
Don't you dare feel guilty about this. Madja said we can't, so we won't. I said to her through the bond.
I know... but I don't like you hanging there. I am allowed to satisfy you. She looked away from me.
I feel like I'm not doing a good job... as a mother, mate, lover, partner, High Lady. Tears slipped down my mates eyes. I wiped them away.
Why would you think that? You gave me the best present I could ever ask for. You. And Nix. You're such a good mom. Like, how you take care of her, how you know what she needs everytime she cries. How you know to comfort me in times when I'm struggling with myself or when I have nightmares. You listen to my burdens. You give me advice. You don't judge me. You care so much about our family, our people. You help those who are in need. You, my Darling Feyre, she looked at me crying silently, with so much love in her eyes, are the best mother, mate, lover, partner and High Lady. Every woman can be called mother, but not a lot of them are called mommy. And only one of them is called Feyre. We looked at each other with so much love. When the baby was finally done with feeding, Feyre lifted her shirt back up, and we winnowed to our room. We put Nix in his cradle and he was sound asleep.
Feyre looked at him and then at me.
About satisfying me, you don't have to. I had longer periods without sex, and I'm being rewarded with a growing, healthy baby and mate who I love so very much. You don't have to feel like it's your duty to have such intimacy. Love is so much more than sex. There are times I don't want to do it. Like now. I want to help you raise the baby, taking care of him. I want to take care of you. Taking care of us.
We hugged each other for what felt like an eternity. We let go of each other and lied down on our bed. Feyre hugged me, letting her head rest between my neck and shoulder, holding me for dear life. Her legs were around mine. My hand lied on her lower back. My other hand was holding her head and I was stroking her hair in comforting, loving touches.
I love you so much, Feyre, Darling. I gave her a kiss on het forehead and she on my shoulder, too tired to lift her face up. And I love you. So very much.
And with those words, we fell asleep.