Chapter 10

I make my way towards a sitting Yeosang on our gate a few weeks after we made up. Yeosang is really a baby and a forgiving one. After we made up, we never really talked about what happened in the past again. Just like what Yeosang said, go with the flow.

"Hey, Sangie." I greet him as I reach him.

Yeosang automatically whips his head towards me and beams widely. "Good morning, Youngie," he greets back.

I reach for his hands and intertwine it with mine. Then, we happily skip our way towards Granny's stall near our university.

"Hi, Granny." "Good morning, Granny." We say at the same time, causing us to look at each other and laugh.

"You two woke up on the right side of the bed, I guess." Granny smiles.

Yeosang nods and says, "I woke up without you in the house, Granny. I told you that I would help you in opening the stall," he whines.

Granny and I laugh and coo at his cuteness. "I can manage it, my dear grandson," she starts. "Oh, before I forget," she makes her way to the mini kitchen and returns with two lunchboxes handing each one to us. "I made some lunch for you to eat," she says while smiling.

We say our thanks and goodbyes before making our way to our university.

The bell rings signaling the start of class, but I can't see a shadow of Choi San in the university even though we share the same classes.

Yunho and Mingi approach us. "Hey, Yeosang. Do you know where San is?" Yunho asks as he sits beside Yeosang and me.

"I really don't have an idea. I haven't heard about San since morning," Yeosang replied, frowning.

"Really? He didn't send you a good morning message this time?" Mingi asks.

"Yeah, it's new, right? He sends those messages daily," Yeosang pouts.

I hold Yeosang's hand, making him look at me. I smile at him and give his hand a little squeeze. "Should we visit their house later, guys? If ever he won't attend the class until the end."

Yeosang smiles back and nods in approval. I looked at Mingi and Yunho to ask for their opinion, and they both gave me a thumbs up.

After class, we hurriedly go to the Choi's home. We are welcome by an unfamiliar car in their garage.

After Mingi rang the doorbell, an unknown face shows up.

"Hi," he says. "Hmm, may I know who you guys are?"

"Ah. We're San's friend. We just want to know if he's here." Mingi starts.

"Yeah, we haven't heard about her since this morning. Is he inside?" Yunho adds.

"Oh hello. I'm Beomgyu, San's cousin," he introduces himself. "He's inside, but I don't know if you can talk to him right now."

"Gyu?"

We turn to where the voice is from. There, we see Uncle Minho standing in the doorway. He smiles and walks towards us.

"Hey, boys. Are you all here for San?" Uncle Minho asks.

"Yes, uncle. We're worried about him, especially Yeosang." Seonghwa says.

Uncle Minho looks at Yeosang and smiles at him. "You may go inside," he gestures towards the door. "He's in his room. And Yeosang, he needs you," he adds.

Yeosang glances at me, and I nod at him as an assurance.

Yeosang goes up to San's room while the rest of us stay in the living room as per San's request. He says that he wants to talk with Yeosang alone.

Aunt Yoona fills us up with some information on why San skipped today's classes. His grandfather's sick, and he's the one who basically raised San. That's why he's so affected by the sudden news. Beomgyu also says that San will drop out of school and will go to the US for his grandfather's medications.

The news saddens each one of us, but on the other hand, we completely understand the situation. It will be a better option to be treated by the best doctors.

Soon, Yeosang and San walks up to us. We hug San one by one, and some of us cry at the sudden news. He thanks us and assures us that he will come back someday.

From San's house, I walk Yeosang to their house since he seems out. He's spacing out, and I think it's because of the news about San living in the country.

"Sangie," I start as Yeosang is about to enter their gate. "Are you alright?" I ask.

Yeosang looks at me straight in my eyes. I panic as I see tears forming in his eyes.

"What's wrong?"

He suddenly pulls me in a hug and responds, "Do you remember when I asked you if you'll leave me again?" He asks.

I nod and wrap my hand in him. "Hmm, what about it?"

"I'm sorry, Youngie." Yeosang bursts into tears.

"Why are you sorry, Sangie?" I tighten my hug as I rub his back.

"I am the one leaving."

I feel my study stiff with what he whispers. I pull out of the hug and make him face me.

"What do you mean?" I ask, tears threatening to escape.

"San asked me to go with him. Uncle Minho and Auntie Yoona will support me while we're in the US. Granny already agrees; my decision is all they're waiting for." He explains.

"Sangie, I don't want to be selfish, but sorry I can't. Please don't go with San; don't leave me," I beg.

Yeosang looks up and sighs. He reaches for my hands and kisses them as he speaks, "I'm sorry, Youngie. But San needs me."