Chapter 4

Emma POV

I was hoping that Nikolai was right and that he wasn't going to hurt me, I was going to take my chances with him rather than the other vampires. I mean he was at least decent to look at and I sort of stopped in my tracks when he came out of the shower. I wondered what his eyes looked like after he drank blood, the red was nice but what was his real eye color. He said I could have a shower so I took advantage of that and headed to the bathroom. 

Wow he had everything in here I took my time to look and I found some really nice bath stuff and I filled up the tub. It has been a long time since I had one, Violet's house was not exactly big, and she had a tiny shower. Nikolai said she was a witch, how did I not know this. I mean I guess it explains why the vampires never found me for so many years. I never thought that just after I turned 16 that I would be caught. Although it might have been Violet's fault she was using magic at least according to the vampires. I really did hope she was okay and that the vampires didn't kill her but if she was a witch than I felt she was just fine. She was probably going to come look for me but I hope she didn't I would rather she didn't try and take on Nikolai even though he was nice. I feel like if you do get on his bad side there is no stopping him, oh man Violet please just let me go.

Niko POV

I did the things for my mom first, she was not moving around much these days. I know she needed me to marry and I had a meeting with her later today, I felt as if she was going to lecture me again. She was the only person I never used my abilities on, not because I couldn't but she was my mother. 

I found the hospital where I believed Emma's records to be, the receptionist knew who I was, "Prince Nikolai, what brings you here?" she said, "I need the records of a human, Emma Hunter" I said, "Oh um I can't give them to you unless a doctor requests it" she said, "I am a doctor and I am requesting it" I said. "Right but you don't practice here I am sorry prince sir I can't" she said. I moved in behind the desk and looked through the records myself, she wasn't going to stop me she was human. Plus I sort of used my control on her and locked her feet in place, "Prince please I could get in trouble" she said, "No one will ever know I was here, and thank you Anne you very helpful" I said getting what I needed. I looked them over before I left and I took note of her blood type. AB negative and that was my favorite, ugh the blood moon was going to be hard. I also grabbed a few vaccines from the hospital, she was not up to date. 

I left the hospital making sure to let Anne move around freely now and I smiled at her as I left, not like the hospital was busy these days anyways. I put everything I needed in my jacket pocket and headed to the woods. I was not surprised that the witches house was still standing, I knocked this time. A young girl opened the door, "Oh um you can't come in here" she said, "I am not asking, look you friend is safe, I will keep her safe" I said. "No offense if I don't believe you" she said. "Violet, I can hear your thoughts and I know that you are making something to what use against me. I also see that you sided with the werewolf Luna well let me tell you her and I are not on the best terms" I said. "All the more reason to kill you" Violet said, "I would like to see you try witch or not Violet I am stronger than I look, I assume you are waiting for the blood moon to be over. I will not hurt Emma, even with the blood moon coming up she is safer with me, and you know it. I feel like your magic is what is getting her into trouble" I said. "Whoever you were with though tried to kill me" she said. "Yes Xander and Rebekah have issues with witches, but seeing as you are still alive they didn't do a good job. Please trust me in keeping Emma safe, I will even allow you contact with her if you let her stay with me" I said. 

"Why should I trust you?" Violet said, "because there is something about her that intrigues me and despite what you all think of vampires I am different. Sure I might be one but I don't hate humans like all others do, I actually would rather not harm them. Violet have your assumptions but using whatever magic you are trying to make here and so close to the blood moon other vampires are not so forgiving of witches. I will allow you to live if you promise to stop all this, or not only will it cost you, Emma and your friend Luna's life I will be forced to become something I am not" I said. "What are you not?" she asked me, "a killer Violet, I am not a killer, I am trying not to be" I said. "Fine" Violet said, I heard her thoughts and she was willing to give me a chance, "I will have Emma contact you later. Violet don't make me regret this" I said as I left.

Violet POV

What the hell did I just agree to leave a vampire who took my friend alone, I mean he was charming and very persuasive. I agreed but only if I could hear from Emma herself that she was safe. I wanted to trust him because I knew practicing my magic was going to end up getting me killed. Prince Nikolai was not your average vampire and his ability made him the strongest vampire in Ravenswood. I know he didn't use his ability on me because I felt in control, I needed to trust him. The fact I was considering trusting a vampire made my stomach churn, I hated that my friend was with him. Something about the way he said trust me made me trust him, I knew Emma would not stand a chance against any other vampire but with the prince I felt him being genuine. 

I knew that Luna would not do anything against me she was afraid of his ability and if I didn't create the magic she wouldn't go after him. I really had to think about what I was doing did I want to take on the Royal family or just let my friend die there, ugh I couldn't think with the blood moon so close to being here.

Emma POV

I heard a knock on the door and saw it open, I didn't know what it meant, I was scared for a second. "Sorry miss to bother you, but I am bringing you breakfast" the boy said as he set the tray down. I noticed he was human, that made me feel better. I guess Nikolai didn't want me to starve that was good. "Thank you" I said as he left the room and I heard him lock it behind him. I guess he didn't quite trust me, the breakfast looked amazing I hadn't had real waffles in a long time I ate everything. I heard the door again and I jumped when it opened it was him, how long had he been gone.

"Sorry, I see you had breakfast that is good, I found your records Emma, and if you are ever asked again your blood type is AB negative" I said. "Oh um thank you" I said sounding like an idiot why did he make me so nervous. "I also noticed you missed some of your vaccinations but I do have them here" he said. Vaccinations no way was I letting this vampire stick me with a needle. Oh my god I needed to leave, but I knew with him there I wouldn't stand a chance, I felt sick all of a sudden. My legs locked and I fell only to be caught by him, oh my lord he was so strong and holding me. My eyes closed and I think I fainted.