Chapter 58

Emma POV

I could feel how tense Niko was and I knew the fact that my ability was new and I couldn't control it was not helping. I could feel how powerful it was and how badly I just wanted to put him into a bubble until he wasn't stressed anymore. I mean obviously I knew that if we would work together we could get this done. I wanted to ask him questions so badly but he was concentrating, I looked up from the paperwork he gave me and all of it just needed his signature. Mine apparently wasn't required but he did tell me that the king did all the work, I am not sure what I was supposed to do.

"Emma, did you get those done?" he asked me getting me out of my head. "Yes they just need your signature" I said, "okay, thank you for helping" he said, I could tell he was tired. "Maybe you should sleep" I said, "I will later, for now I want to answer your questions" he said pulling me into his lap. "Well first how do I turn my ability off or learn to control it?" I asked, "I don't know I never was very good at that, I will get Xander to help you" I said. "Okay and what is going to happen now?" I asked, "well we currently run the 20 kingdoms, so if there is ever a law or rule that needs to be passed we will decide. The only kingdom we don't have is Ionia because Malaki refused to sign his over to me. It sucks because a lot of our resources come from them and they have the blood supply. So I am not sure what will happen with the blood bags but I will figure something out. In the meantime we just basically do what is asked of us and make sure the kingdoms don't fall apart" he said. "I see and what is required of me exactly?" I asked wondering what my place in all this was.

"Well the queen isn't usually required to work, she is basically as the kingdoms put it the baby maker. I mean obviously I am not going to force you into anything and I don't want you to read too much into it" he said. "I am sorry what? they just want me to pop out babies?" I said a bit annoyed. "Well yes but not right now, I have too much on my plate and I am just not sure how this will all work" he said. "That irritates me so much ugh like you need to change that law I am not useless" I said angry which was making my ability come out. "Emma calm down, since I am the king I don't need to change anything and I will allow you to help. Please don't overreact here, we don't know the full extent of your ability yet and I don't need anymore problems" he said. "Am I causing problems?" I asked now worried, "no but with an ability like yours which is super rare by the way complications do come from it. I have only ever heard of one other defensive ability from a royal and she was using it to destroy things. I mean I know you won't do that but anger is the key factor in your shield. As much as I liked it yesterday that can't happen again, Kalista and Malaki are not taking it well and I can only imagine what will happen" he said.

"I am so sorry Niko, oh my gosh she was touching you and I was jealous and I was so mad! Like you are mine and I didn't expect that I am so sorry" I said. "Emma its fine I am not mad, in fact it was incredible. The fact that we dethroned Malaki everyone is ecstatic. I mean I never expected it to be so much work but I think between the two of us we can handle it right?" he said kissing me. "You bet, I won't let you down my king" I said kissing him back. He laughed and then said "I think we need to remove the pet from the room before this continues" he said. "Oh fuck I forget she is even here, Gabriella go to the library" I said, and she ran from the room. "Now where were we?" Niko said bringing me over to the bed and taking off my clothes. He made me feel alive and the way he torments me drives me insane. Niko bit my neck sending me into a spiral as he pushed into me causing me to moan. I was curious how he made the purring sound I figured I would need to ask him later.

It didn't take long for us to both climax and he pulled me into him for a hug, "I love you so much" he said. "I love you too" I said back as there was a knock on the door. Niko threw a blanket over me and grabbed a pair of pants as he opened the door. "I am sorry to bother you King Niko but your mother is requesting you" Tyler said. "I will be right there thank you Tyler and come find me later" Niko said to him as he eyed me and we dressed and went to see his mother.

Niko POV

I had a feeling this visit wasn't going to be good, as I noticed Alexander and Rebekah were already here. "Thank you for coming, I know things for you Niko will not be easy, but I had a feeling you were destined for this. Your ability to control came from your dad but your mind reading made it even more powerful, then I didn't expect Emma to have the defensive ability, but hers boosts yours. Together the two of you will be unstoppable and Cassius and a lot of the others are hoping you will be able to fix a lot of the issues" my mom said, "I will try mom but I am not sure I am cut out for this" I said, "you are my love you are, I knew it from the minute you were born. You are destined for greatness, Emma brings that out in you and Rebekah and Xander will help you, they will not let you fall" mom said, "we will Niko" Xander said, "mom what about her ability is there something we need to know about it?" I asked, "yes Julia can help with that but she needs to learn to control it, Xander you will help her harness her power and learn to use it properly. I love you 3 so much I will always be with you. Emma, thank you for coming into my son's life and I know you will make sure at the end of the day he doesn't overwork. Xander take care of your brother make sure he is drinking blood, I can already see the red in his eyes, Rebekah stop being reckless and actually help your brothers more. Niko you have all the potential in the world to do this, and I know you will not disappoint. I love you" my mom said as she clsoed her eyes.

"NO" I said not expecting her to just die like that, Rebekah cried and Xander hugged her and Emma was hugging me. Now I truly was feeling the power of Ravenswood, but the other kingdoms I am not sure why my mom had so much confidence in me. I knew we would need to bury her next to dad but for now we all sort of just felt numb.