Chapter 9

TYLER

I sat there laying in my bed staring up at the ceiling. Oliver's mom had made him drop me off at home over an hour ago. Though on the car ride over he didn't seem to mind. We listened to music and I listened to him sing along to every word amazed that he knew so much.

I know I needed to go bed soon but the excited feeling I had making my entire body jitter, just wouldn't go away. Though I'm not sure I wanted it to. Spending time over at Oliver's house tonight was amazing. His mom was so nice and helpful to me I couldn't imagine how I can repay her.

Happy thoughts continued to roll through my head until I remembered. I ate dinner. My mom said eat nothing I'll be in so much trouble. Bad thoughts began to roll in, she'll tell me how disgusting I am and won't allow me to eat. But my stepdad he'll hit me. My mom never really hit me she just had him do it while she did something more important.

I can just exercise until I burn it at off!! Maybe I am smarter then I think. I thought starting to smile, this could work and I could start feeling better!

I got off of my "bed" which was just an old mattress on the dirty floor but I tried to keep everything as clean as possible.

Thinking for a second about how I should start with what I know was limited energy, I started with some jumping jacks attempting to control my breathing as well as I possibly could.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

I took a small break to catch my breath and slow the dizziness I started feeling I continued with another set, then once again stopping for a break after to feel better.

My head was pounding but I need to continue.

You can do this, you can do this. I started repeating that phrase to myself and it seemed to help so I started into sit-ups.

I kept going until I couldn't, taking a break and continuing. Repeating the same with pushups and anything else I could think of.

Attempting to do a plank I got too dizzy. Falling over I knew what was coming. At least I wasn't standing up this time I laughed to myself as I passed out on my rundown bedroom floor.

OLIVER

Driving home after I dropped off Tyler I couldn't help but smile. Hanging out tonight seemed to make him feel a bit better. If only I could do this all the time but I don't know how to continue to get myself around him.

Stage crew! He said he would join! I just have to get him to help out and then I can get him around me and Em more and we can help him. I know he's really depressed and probably has been for a while but I don't know how to help him. For me personally I take my problems out on everyone else, for him he takes it out on himself. I can help him, I know it I just need time.

~time skip to morning~

Third person POV

Tyler woke up on the floor with a pounding headache to the sun peering into his room and burning his eyes.

'I must have passed out' he thought
'But that should mean I burned off those calories!'

Getting up he decided he need to take a quick shower and head to school early to meet up with Luke and Mcquiad. His parents being away was a blessing and a curse for him.

Quickly attempting to make his hair look decent enough he grabbed his backpack and ran down the stairs; but not without stopping to stare at the kitchen.

'I can't' he thought desperately depression beginning to overcome him as he remembered why he was able to be happy that morning.

Attempting to ignore his heinous thoughts brought upon him by abusive parents. He ran out the front door, locked it, and got onto his bike.

He turned pedalling as fast as he possible could to the school. Of course his plans to have a scenic bike ride to school didn't work out.

After 10 minutes of burning out his legs he arrived at the school 17 minutes early, 3 minutes too late for Mcquaid.

"Tyler! Your finally on time!" Luke exclaimed patting my back as they came from around the bike rack to his side.

"3 minutes late but still acceptable." Mcquaid chimed in putting his finger up to push up his glasses but still giving him a small smirk.

"I-I w-woke up s-super early t-today." He responded accepting what he knew they meant as praise.

And so they stood there. Talking about hemoglobins and AV equipment, the topics courtesies of both both Luke and Mcquaid.

They rambled on while Tyler stood there listening. Occasionally adding a small quip to the conversation but, just enjoying listening to his friends speak and being apart of it.

'Today is gonna be a good day' he thought allowing real joy to flood his body.

'I just know it'