Chapter 4; Kanae's Return

Douma

Ah, Shinobu. Her eyes were the prettiest purple I've seen since Kanae, who left the last school we were in because she didn't like me.

Shinobu is mine.

No one will tell me otherwise.

I walked down the hallway, Monday morning. Sitting next to Uzui, I peeked at Shinobu. Ahhhh, such pretty lips...

"Hey, Douma. You know Giyu and Shinobu are dating now, right?" Uzui tapped on me. I turned around, glaring at him with malice.

"Why, thank you Uzui, for your concern." I said in fake honesty. Shinobu, who smells of wisteria...such a pleasant and disgusting smell. I never liked the smell of wisteria, but Shinobu wears it, and I love it.

Shinobu caught my eye at the first day of school. She was pretty, with an amazing physique. It reminded me of Kanae, but she looked so much more appealing.

Shinobu is mine.

Shinobu is mine.

Shinobu is mine.

Just as Giyu sits down, Shinobu turns and smiles in a way that would melt me if she smiled at me. Giyu...patted her on the head. My pencil broke as a smiled.

"Douma?" Uzui asked as I clenched and unclenched my fist.

"Oh my, Shinobu. I will win your heart." I said quietly. I'll just do anything for it.

Shinobu Kocho

Shinobu! I'm an intern and coming to NY! Come pick me up? Be here at ten at night. I stared at the text uncertainly, looking at the contact person. Kanae.

I hadn't seen Kanae in forever. She was the best sister I could ask for, so when she left for France, I was conflicted. I missed her a lot.

"Shinobu." Giyu's voice shot me out of my thoughts. I had always been a little jealous of my sister. Maybe it was because she didn't have to pretend to be someone in order to be liked...in my case...that was who I was. A mask.

"Sorry! Hi! What do you need?" I asked.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yup! My sister's coming!" I said as brightly as possible.

"Didn't you cut ties with your family?" He asked. Dang it. He was brighter than I gave him credit for.

"Um...she's different! I wanna take you to meet her!" I said. My heart pounded. What if Kanae's easy alluring smile made Giyu fall in love with her? Why was I jealous? And why-

"You're sister's coming to town?! I know here! Oh, she's soooooooo nice!" Of course. If it was me and Kanae, she would choose Kanae. Their personalities matched.

"Yup! Wanna come?" I asked, putting on my fake smile. Giyu's frown got even deeper, if that was even possible.

"Of course!" She squealed happily. I looked at Giyu questioningly.

"Did you come here just to ask me if I was okay?" I asked teasingly.

"Shinobu...you're hiding a lot." He said bluntly. I was taken aback by the question.

"Hm? Tomioka's got some nerve to talk to a lady now hm? I really am a good impression on you! Soon, maybe I'll get you to smile!" I said brightly. He smirked a little bit and a few girls on the side gaped at him, faces turning red.

"Hm, you really need to excercise those face muscles, but maybe one day!" I said.

"It's just a shame that you spend so much time hiding your real personality when people could be seeing the real you." He gave a wonky smile before walking off. I stared at him, face red with embarrassment.