Epilogue part 2; The Butterfly Ring

Shinobu Kocho

One year later...

If someone had told me I would be Giyu Tomioka's girlfriend eight years ago, I would've told them to shut their fucking dirty ass up, but reflecting on it now, it's one of the best things that has happened to me yet. It was the weekend, and Giyu was planning something. I didn't know if I should be worried or happy, but I guess trusting the process is all it takes.

"Shinobu!" We had went to NY for Giyu's business meeting, and I was bored as heck. In the hotel room, I heard the ding of the door being unlocked. Finally, Giyu was back. I leapt up and hugged him as he took of his jacket and started to speak.

"I'm taking you on a date. Get ready." He kissed me on the forehead and smiled. I nodded. He went to the bathroom while I looked into my suitcase. After finishing up he exited and I entered into the bathroom.

Getting ready, I looked at my reflection nervously. He never would just pop out of nowhere and call a date. Something was off about it.

Was he going to break up with me?

My entire body crumpled at the thought.

"No, calm down. You're overreacting." I told myself, tying my hair up. I put on some perfume and finished up my makeup.

I usually spent forever choosing a dress, but today, I knew which one I'd wear. A purple one I had purchased a while ago (and I mean a while ago...maybe four years ago). It fit easily.

"Shinobu?" Giyu, you should know me by now! I take forever to get ready!

"Coming!" I said, walking out. He stared in amazement.

Lyon never cease to amaze me." He smiled. I smiled back, but was still nervous.

He drove us to a familiar path, and I realized it was the path to the college we went to ages ago.

"Why are we going-"

"Just trust me, okay?" Giyu said, eyes on the road. I looked away awkwardly.

We parked the car, and walked the familiar path of campus. I looked at Giyu, and saw him glancing at his phone. He was typing something. He never texted anyone, no matter what, when he was on a date!

We walked to the familiar bench. Just as I was about to sit down, something spectacular happened.

Suddenly, the campus lights turned off. Vivid LED lights hung from the greenery, and butterflies fluttered out of the bushes. The hoses turned on and a design of a heart surrounded us. I screamed in shock.

"Shinobu...um...I know I'm failing this right now...um...sorry for being socially awkward...I just wanted to tell you, you were the butterfly that lit a path for me. The day I started working on the project with you? Um...I didn't intend on living after-hey, ouch!"

"Don't say that!" I said angrily. He was going to commit suicide? Why didn't he mention this before?

"The point is, you lit up my world in so many ways...and...I wanted to ask you...to be mine forever...will you become my wife?" He knelt down and pulled out a box with a ring that looked so similar to my glass art butterfly ring. It was pure amethyst, with little sapphires beaded in the wings.

Tears poured down my face. In all my life I had thought I wouldn't ever experience this.

"Yes!" I screamed, hugging Giyu. Our lips crashed together and the LED lights flickered behind us.

Giyu Tomioka

I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Shinobu Kocho the moment I met her.

Not quite.

I was just happy the school let us do this.

I held Shinobu by the wait as we looked at the water heart.

I could hear Sabito and Makomo behind me.

"You've done well, my best friend." Sabito whispered.

"She's really pretty Giyu! I'm proud of you!" Makomo said.

"Live a good life, Giyu." They said in unison.

I whirled around to see them waving at me.

Suddenly, the scene changed.

"Mom...dad?" I asked. I looked at Shinobu. She looked confused, but she was also staring at my parents.

"My son." My mom's face was streaked with tears.

"We're proud of you Giyu." My father added.

"But-I..."

"All we wanted was for you to be successful. You were the dream Giyu. The school was in hopes you would use it to become successful." Mom said tearfully. She looked at Shinobu.

"Thank you for taking care of my son." She said.

"Um...your welcome?" Shinobu asked. I laughed a little.

"We will be waiting for you Giyu. Don't die too early, you have a long life to live." My dad said.

Suddenly, the hose shut off and they disappeared.

Am I going to make another chapter? Depends. Blow up my notifications enough and I might consider.

I'm going to regret that.

If you don't, I won't make another chapter.

It depends on you.