So.

...

I know I said there would be no more A/Ns, but after such a long time, I really felt like I owe you all a proper explanation... and farewell (of sorts).

It's getting tiring to read all of my apologies, isn't it? Again and again, I've started something brand new, something exciting that people want more of, and then abandon them after a week or two on average.

I'll be honest, this is probably the most dedicated project I've ever worked on.

And I think that's because I loved it in a way that I don't typically feel towards my other books.

Maybe because it's something entirely (or at least mostly) original. Not a fanfic, but rather, something that I made instead of my usual self indulgent insanity spun from another person's creation.

Or maybe because you guys helped me write it. And that alone makes this feel so much more special and personal to me than anything else I've ever made.

Because as much as I love this— this universe, these neat little characters and their stories that I made— I love you more.

I adored being all those characters. Rune, Wesley, Chocolate... Hyden was my favorite, honestly. It was enchanting to play as them, like an actor having fun on stage.

I had a whole story planned out for them. All because of one interesting little dream I had about a dead family and the man who killed them.

I still think about it from time to time. And I feel guilty because I left everyone hanging just as the plot was getting really juicy, but I swear I have an explanation for that.

The truth is, I didn't plan the whole fourth wall break thing at all. I just impulsively did it on a whim because it seemed like a cool idea at the time.

I personally believe that characters should be the ones shaping the story. If there's already a concrete plot laid out in front of them, it doesn't feel as natural trying to wrangle them all into following it. It could seem out of character, or forced. Certain plot points could come off as "too convenient". You have to think of them as people rather than fictional puppets for maximum realism, which is what I'm trying to achieve.

I tend to make things up as I go along. Whatever happens, happens. You know?

But that also often leads to things like this, where I drastically change the story in a way that I hadn't properly planned for, and I end up having no idea where to go from here without making the story even wilder and more far-fetched.

That's why I abandoned this book. Because I truly did not know what to do. I got overwhelmed, and left, and found interest in other things. And eventually, this book faded away into the back of my mind. I lacked both motivation and inspiration to continue it.

🎉 You've finished reading S̶t̶a̶y̶ ̶W̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶M̶e̶ | 𝐀𝐧 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐚𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 🎉