001. A Horrible Discovery

CHAPTER ONE ! Fourteen days until The Man takes over

CHAPTER ONE ! 
Fourteen days until The Man takes over.

─────

As the final customers exited the immense record store, the neon sign reading, For The Record, soon shut down, only having the street lamps light up the block. When the shop closes at 9 PM sharp, there is a melancholy feeling  — no more joy in the town of Lockwood.

Most residents claim that For The Record was the heart of Lockwood, as it was a place where everyone — young and old — could gather and discover the albums they loved most. The enormous brick building brought comfort and smiles to whoever entered. Though the owner, Danny Welsh, is usually grumpy, his store is like the light at the end of a tunnel. It was a shop where you could go on bad days.

However, no one liked For The Record as much as the employees did. They were the ones who stayed there the longest, and it was the best place to work. Despite Danny's intimidating demeanour,

Rory Thatcher stood inside the shop, patiently scanning numerous records to find the perfect closing album. She pulled out her favourite album of all time, 'Rubber Soul' by The Beatles, and started playing it as Drive My Car echoed throughout the store.

Someone groaned, and Rory snapped her head towards her co-worker, Damon Gallagher, who sat behind the counter with his head thrown back. "Can't you play anything else?"

"What's wrong with The Beatles?"

"They're the worst band to exist! And you constantly play their albums when closing. Have some variety," Damon replied, kicking his feet over the counter. "Play Sex Pistols or something better than those overrated pricks."

"Since I'm the one who's closing, I get to choose the music. You can play when Danny trusts you enough to close up, which will probably never be. Now, let me enjoy Norweigan Wood!" Rory argued in annoyance, wiping the counter. "And put your feet down! It's disgusting, Damon."

Damon whispered a sarcastic remark so Rory wouldn't hear it. As much as she hated his bullshit, she had to endure it. She looked at him sourly before shaking her head and returning to her job. 

While Rory started cleaning the shelves, a brunette boy heaved as he entered the shop. "Why do I have to take out the trash every day? Can't Damon do it?" Bowie complained, pointing his hand at him before recognizing the song travelling throughout the shop. "Ay, I love this album! Good taste as always, Ro." The boy winked in approval; Rory merely grinned — at least a few liked her taste in music.

"Thanks, Bowie. But Danny ordered you, " Rory said. "But, I could convince him to make Damon do something for once."

Damon returned a mocking expression, leaning into his chair and crossing his arms. "You're like a teacher's pet."

Michelle Callahan, an eccentric girl with bleached hair, chimed in with a mop in her hand. She ran her hands through her hair, wearing an atypical frown."Please make him start mopping the bathroom; I'll get a terminal illness if I enter that place one more time."