Chapter One

Grace Agreste:

Grace glanced down at her phone, while standing near baggage claim at the airport, checking her text messages. She noticed 4 texts and 1 missed call from someone in particular that was waiting to meet her right outside the airport.

She smiled and opened her messages, the screen reflecting her emerald-green eyes. They read :

Eyyyyy you landed yet?

Waiting for u outside the airport, father let me skip school today :)

R u here yet? I can't see you, can't believe it's been alost 4 yrs since we met.

*almost, stupid auto-correct

Chuckling at her brother's eagerness, she quickly waved her hand, signalling her "butler", Alan, (she never thought of him as a "butler", more like a friend who's always there for you) who was clutching both of their suitcases. He came rushing in, almost overwhelming Grace who was standing at an angle. They almost crashed but Alan caught himself just in time.

"Would you like me to hold your backpack too, Miss Agreste?" He asked, in his unnaturally posh voice.

"No, Alan, you already have two suitcases and a snack bag" Grace sighed, exasperatedly. "Are you trying to test how many bags you can hold in one go again? I already told you, you'd break your arms."

She laughed at her own lame joke, and then waved her phone in front of him.
"Look, Adrien's waiting for us. We should get going. Let's go." Turning, she walked towards the exit, while Alan followed close behind. If anybody thought that a 15 yr old girl walking alongside a dressed up adult who was holding way too many baggages, was weird, they certainly didn't show it.

While walking towards the exit, Grace looked around the airport, taking in the beautiful lights and colours that illuminated the main atrium even when there was light outside. There were cute paintings right beside the restrooms and people were bustling in and out of shops, jet bridges and security lines.

They reached the security booths that were near the main exit and checked out, while Alan loaded the suitcases into one of those trolleys. Grace helped.

They walked out and immediately noticed Gorilla, standing over Adrien who was looking so eager he was practically jumping up and down. He was leaning over the railing separating the airport entrance from the parking area.

"Hey! We're over here! Grace!" Grace whipped her head around and ran towards him. She threw her hands around his neck and hugged him tight. They stood like that for a minute or two before Grace realised people were staring at them. She quickly let go and patted him on his shoulder.

"It's been too long! Four years since we last met. Looks like nothing changed", she said, looking around. "Hope my old room's still up to its usual standard."

"We got it renovated last year. You're moving into the west wing, the bigger room", Adrien started walking. He still had a wide smile on his face. "C'mon, the car's this way."

As she walked, Grace laughed.

"The west wing? That's what you guys are calling it? Has the house become a castle while I was gone?", she teased.

"More like a fortress.", Adrien grumbled. Grace smiled sympathetically.

SHe looked around as Gorilla brought the car out. The smell of pastries and ice cream from nearby roadside stalls filled her nose. In the park in front of her, couples were out on dates, children were playing tag and a small protest was going on. She sighed. She was finally in Paris!

While driving from the airport to the Agreste house, Grace and Adrien talked about how their lives had changed since they last met. Adrien filled Grace in about how he'd persuaded father to let him attend the nearby public school, just 2 years ago, and how he made friends. Grace listened intently, she was always a good listener. Grace told him about her new school and about the people she met and made friends with. There were a few topics she avoided but she'd talk about them in good time.

While talking, Adrien glanced at her bracelet.

"That's a special bracelet. Where'd you get it? I doubt they have such handmade quality ones back in New York."

"Ah, you have a good eye," she said. "I got it from one of those roadside stalls, the roads that are not as busy."

Grace kind of seemed to skirt around the topic, like the bracelet held secrets that she didn't want getting out. She pushed it up her sleeve. Adrien raised his brows but didn't say anything.

Changing the topic, he touched her biceps and whistled. "Woah dude, you've got muscles. What have you been doing these past years? Do they have a full out gym at your school?"

"Nah, they don't. All hard work, kid. And I've noticed you got none. What have you been doing these past years?"

He rolled his eyes and said, "You want some baked goods? I'm dying to get some Croissants."

"You had me at baked goods. I'll get one of those puffed pastries, what do you call 'em............ oh yeah. A Brioche" Grace's eyes shone with excitement. The airport food had been stale at best. Pastries would do her some good.

"We'll stop at Tom and Sabine's Boulangerie, they have the best ones."

Grace nodded and untucked her bracelet from her sleeve. But, as soon as she touched it, her brain seemed to shock itself. The name, Kevork, floated into her mind and an image of what looked like a misty leopard sleeping, flashed through her mind.

The leopard was green in colour and had the voice of her bracelet's guardian.

No, she thought. She wouldn't think of her duties right now. She'd just enjoy her time with Adrien.

(Author's note: Aaaaand that's the first chapter. Hope y'all enjoyed it. It seems kinda slow but honestly, I'm scared to go too fast. Heh, that's what she said.

Anyhoo, next chapter coming up!)