Chapter Seven

Adrien Agreste:

Chat Noir wrapped his hands around himself and sighed. As usual, he was the first one there. It was quite embarrassing at times, if he were to be honest. It looked like he was jobless and too eager for patrol. Like he was lonely or something. He rolled his eyes at his own self-pity and thought, who cares what anyone thinks?

But he did care. He was raised to care about what people thought all the time. As Adrien, he was a model, a famous persona all throughout Paris. Knowing his father and his earning for everyone's respect, Adrien had to work hard to keep up a public image, a respectful one at that too. And anyway, he cared the most about Ladybug's opinion. But he knew that she didn't mind.

He rubbed his hands together, trying to warm himself up a bit. It was unusually chilly that night. To shake off some of the cold, he decided to walk around Paris through the rooftops. Before he could take out his baton though, the hair on his neck stood up. 

"Hey, Chat Noir." He squeaked and jumped at the voice. He held up his baton in a defensive stance and whirled around. It was Montaire.

"Oh my gods, hey. I thought I needed to square up. Can't you announce yourself or something?" He relaxed and glared at her. Montaire raised her hands in an apologising manner. She walked towards him and sat down next to him.

"Calm down, sit. Ladybug's not here yet. Is she?" She raised her eyebrow at him questioningly. He shook his head in response, and looked out at the view below them.

"Looks like we're the first ones here." Chat glanced at Montaire while scooting a little bit away from her, she was a little intimidating after all.

"Yeah, we are." She sighed and looked up at him. "Sit down, won't you? I'm not that repulsive." He scrunched up his face and pretended to consider it.

"No, I guess not. But that feeling can change."

She scoffed and looked around. Then she looked up at him and said, "You're a little early, aren't you? It's not even 9 yet. Don't have anything to do?" Chat turned to look at her and saw a feeling of relatability mixed with pity in her eyes. She knew what he felt like. Still, he didn't want her to pity him. He had the right to use his time however he wanted to. She opened her mouth to add more, as if she didn't already say enough. "Neither do-"

"Um hello? So are you?" He countered defensively, not letting her finish. "You think I don't have anything better to do? Go look in a mirror, will you? You'll find a lot of answers there." He said it all very fast, like he was scared that he wouldn't get to say the things he wanted.

Montaire widened her eyes, stunned at the poison spitting from his mouth. Then, she snorted. Then, like a wave, laughter spilled out from her and soon enough, she was flat on the roof, laughing her head off.

"Oh my gods, you're so defensive. Like, I didn't even finish, my guy. I wanted to say 'neither do i' but it looks like you have a lot of pent up insecurities that you need to vent about to someone."

"Excuse me?"

"You do!" She still shook from laughter. "Just chill a bit, you know? I ain't looking for a fight here." She pretended to wipe a tear from her eye.

Chat rolled his eyes. "This is stupid. I didn't want to be here today, it's so cold." He looked up at the sky. "I just wanted one day with my family."

Montaire smiled and looked down. "Family, huh? Same. Really wanted to spend time with my brot- sibling today." She got up and dusted herself off. She turned around and started examining the roof.

Chat now looked at her closely for the first time. She had two long blonde dutch braids, with her bow and quiver strapped to her back. Her costume was a mixture of white and green stripes, resembling that of a tiger. It was similar to the other miraculous outfits, yet so different.

She turned back around and asked, "Where's Ladybug? It's past nine." He was in the middle of a shrug when the hair on the back of his neck stood up. He quickly whirled around and there she was.

His lady.

She ran up to him and hugged him. Huh???? His brain short- circuited for a second. He stood frozen for a while and then smirked.

"Bugaboo, I know I'm irresistible but this is so random." Chat hugged her back. "Is this something we do now?" He felt her laugh and pull back. He still kept holding on to her, already missing her warmth.

"I just got kind of emotional for a second. I really needed a hug right then. Also-" She faltered, noticing Montaire was there. "Wow, you're here early."

Montaire smiled. "Where's my hug?" She opened her arms wide for a second and then closed it around herself. "On second thoughts, I don't wanna ruin this moment. You guys are so cute!"

Chat looked down at Ladybug and caught her blushing. She quickly let him go and huffed at Montaire. "We aren't together."

Montaire smirked, "I never said you were."

Chat laughed. "Oh, I like her already."

Ladybug rolled her eyes. "Alright, let's get to the point. The reason I wanted you here." She pointed her finger at Montaire. "Who are you?"

(A/N: These past few months have been a rollercoaster for me. All my motivation to write was drained. But I'm back, ready to write again! This chapter is kind of smaller and more rushed than the others but I was trying to get something out quickly and I'm still trying to piece together the story in my head. But I will try to post more often now.
See you in the next chapter!)