Chapter Two

Adrien Agreste:

Adrien felt like Grace was hiding something. All the while they talked, Grace seemed nervous to talk about her own life back in New York, like she might spill a secret or two while talking.

Even when he enquired about her bracelet, she skirted around the topic. She even pushed it up her sleeve, which Adrien found suspicious about but didn't say anything.

Adrien knew that the bracelet was special, not special in a fragile or expensive kind of way, but the bracelet radiated power. It radiated power like his Miraculous. Since he wore his ring all the time, he'd learned about power radiations from certain miraculouses. The Cat Noir and Ladybug miraculouses, for example. Theirs were the most powerful and it radiated the most energy.

But he didn't dwell on it too much. Grace was in New York for four years, he thought. Hawkmoth started attacking only two years ago, and the news about supervillains and Superheroes never spilled out of Paris. There's no way she'd know about miraculouses.

Reassured, he stared out the window. They had reached the boulangerie.

He got out of the car with Grace (no pun intended), and walked to the bakery. Sabine greeted him, as usual. (Tom is usually the one who makes the dough while Sabine manned the counter).

"Hello, Adrien dear! Croissants and macarons, I suppose?" Sabine asked.

Adrien smiled. "You know me too well, Mrs Cheng."

"Well you do come here often. And please, call me Sabine." She replied and handed him his order. "And what would you like, young lady?" Sabine called out to Grace.

Grace, who had been looking around and examining everything in sight, said, "I'd just like two of your Brioches. And two macarons too, please."

As Sabine packed her order (they had run out of macarons), Grace turned to Adrien. "How many times have you visited this place that she actually memorised your order?"

Grace smirked as Adrien laughed and rubbed his neck.

"Enough times to make someone hate Croissants. I do try other things, though. The croquembouche here is to die for, trust me. My best experience is just sitting here and eating after school with friends finishing homework or just talking. Whenever I'm allowed out, that is."

Grace smiled and said, "Good for you."

After they had picked up their order, they turned to walk out the door but at the same time, everybody's phone went off. Adrien took his phone out of his pocket and stared at it. "Akuma Alert!", it read. He quickly took Grace's hand and led her out the door. "Crap", he said. "Guess, I forgot to tell you about Akumas and Hawkmoth. Right now, yo- I mean, we need to get to safety." Adrien looked back at her face, expecting to see shock or confusion, but he didn't see either of those things.

Nevertheless, they both got into the car.

"Gorilla, drive us to the Le Grand Paris hotel. An Akuma is on the loose. We should be safe there."

Gorilla nodded and sped off. The whole ride, Adrien glanced at Grace, waiting for her to start asking questions but she just looked grim.

As soon as they reached the hotel, all three of them rushed into the lobby.

Adrien turned to Grace and said, "Go hide near the rooms, with Alan and Gorilla."

"You're not coming?"

"Of course I am. I just need to- uh,- go to the bathroom. Yeah, the bathroom. Big emergency." Adrien shifted his knees closer like he was holding in pee. Grace stared at him.

Gorilla grunted like he wanted to come with but Adrien shook his head. "Go to room 201, I'll meet up there with the three of you."

"Adrien, wait, I want to co-" Grace was cut short as he sped off towards the restrooms.

As soon as he had reached the stalls, Plagg flew out.

"Alright, kid. Took you long enough. Where's my cheese?" Plagg zoomed around his face.

"After we defeat the akuma. Looks like it's Glaciator again. André cannot catch a break" Adrien readjusted his ring and sighed.

"Alright, Plagg, CLAWS OUT!"

Now that he changed into his alter ego, Chat noir rushed out of the bathroom and escaped out through one of the windows in the lobby. At this point, he just wanted to get it over with.

(A/N: Feedback is appreciated!)