Chapter Three

Marinette Dupain-Cheng:

Marinette's day was going great before the new heroine showed up.
She had woken up at 7.00 am, right when her alarm rang. Woo-hoo to her!

It was a Sunday so Marinette was looking forward to a nice uneventful day until Shadowmoth decided to ruin it for her. She stretched and walked towards the bathroom where she spotted Tikki, trying out the small clothes Marinette had made for her. She looked cute in a polka-dotted bow.

"Good morning, Tikki. The others up yet?" Tikki looked up from the mirror and flew up to Marinette's face.

"Nope. Well, Wayzz was up but he went back to sleep. I'm surprised you're up Marinette. You didn't sleep in today?" Tikki giggled and zoomed around her face. Marinette laughed and leaned over the sink, putting paste on her brush.

"Let's say I'm feeling motivated today. I'm done with all my homework so let's do some designs and baking."

The next few hours Marinette spent designing clothes for all the other kwamis.

After that she spent some time playing some video games. All of a sudden, her phone went off, "Akuma alert! Akuma alert! Akuma alert!"

She picked up her phone and frowned.

"Of course, Hawky can't lay off on a freaking sunday!" Tikki giggled and zoomed next to Marinette. "Let's go, Crosspatch."

She sighed and touched her earrings. "Tikki, spots on!"

Now that she was her alter-ego, Ladybug yo-yoed out of her window and went straight to the fighting area.

"My ice-cream never lies! Ladybug and Chat Noir are meant to be together!" More ice-cream shot out of his pudgy arm and splattered all against the billboard, showing a picture of Ladybug and Chat Noir kissing.

Ladybug gritted her teeth. "How many times do we have to tell you?! WE ARE NOT A COUPLE."

She threw her yo-yo, which wrapped itself around the akuma's body and pulled it back against Glaciator's will. He then proceeded to trip on a paw- printed black baton and fall.

Chat noir jumped and landed next to Ladybug. He winked at her and called out, "You know what they say! The lady's always right." He bowed to her sarcastically. "Hello there, bugaboo. How's your day going?"

Another spray of ice-creams shot over their heads. Glaciator had righted himself again. They both ducked behind one of the billboards and Ladybug frowned at him.

"This is not the time, kitty. We need a plan. It's probably too early to use-". She stopped abruptly, looking at Chat Noir's face.

"What's with the face? Are you hurting or something?" He pointed a finger right across her shoulder, his jaw dropping.

Ladybug whirled around and nearly slipped off the roof in surprise. A flash of green and blonde took her by surprise as the unknown individual jumped up. The jump created a whirlwind of melted cream as more ice cream from Glaciator got shot up.

"Chat! Quick, spin your baton into a shield!" She raised her arms up to do the same but.......

"What the-" Before Ladybug could finish her thought; half a dozen blazing red arrows, from the newly arrived, blasted through all the cream and embedded themselves into the body of the akuma. The sound of sizzling could be heard and the smell of melted ice cream filled the air.

"Ahhhhhhhhh!!! My body!!!!!" Glaciator screeched.

Oh no thought Ladybug. If the arrows stay in him for too long, André might actually get hurt. She quickly dived out from behind the billboard and swung her yo-yo towards the akuma. Her yo-yos wrapped around the red arrows, merging them in a bundle. She tugged at the yo-yo and the arrows were pulled out from Glaciator's body.

"Ladybug! What are you doing?! He's going to get away again!" Chat's voice seemed to be hovering over somewhere near her. Ladybug violently shook her head and then yelled, "Go! Quick! Tail him, while I deal with this."

Chat nodded and took off after Glaciator, who had already regained his composure and was making his way to the Town Square. Ladybug turned around and looked up.

"Hey! I don't know who the heck you are but-"

"No need to shout. And face the opposite way. I'm over here." She widened her eyes and whirled around. Ah. There was the blonde.

"Umm..... yeah! I was just checking! I need to- need to talk to you." Ladybug fumbled on her words. The blonde smirked and tilted her head.

"Oh please. Don't give me that. Anyway, if you hadn't yanked my arrows out of him, his boy shield would've melted." She took a stride towards Ladybug and added, "Plus, it wouldn't have hurt the victim since, you know, he was inside the body shield."

Ladybug glared through her mask. She threw the arrows back towards the girl and said, "Guess what, blondie? I already know Andre is inside the body shield. But touching your arrows has told me they're way too hot. We need something warm enough just to melt the outer body and that's it."

She started spinning her yo-yo, making it gather speed so she could leave. "Right now, it looks like you could help. Then, after the fight maybe, I can ask more important questions."

The blonde had an extension cord arrow ready and steady to shoot. She tied it around her body. Ladybug noticed and decided that it was her form of travel.

"Oh yeah? Like what?" Before Ladybug could answer, she had already left, leaving a trail of dust behind her.

"Oh, you know? LIKE, WHO THE HECK YOU ARE!" With that, Ladybug swung after her too. 

(A/N: Feedback is appreciated!)