★13☆

Mama Said Knock You Out > LL COOL J
There's No Other Way > Blur
Rock N' Roll High School > Ramones
Sk8er Boi > Avril Lavigne
You Really Got Me > The Kinks

"Cut!" I yell, taking off my headphones and standing up from the black chair "Alright guys, that was perfect! we got it."

My classmates, the actors and I, start cheering and clapping, grateful to be calling it a day and happy to have finished the second last scene of our end-of-term short film. I chose the right crew to work with, besides the talented actors that we cast. Riley and I co-wrote the story but it's directed by me. She's a wonderful screenwriter so it was easy to share ideas with her and help each other. Jaeyun, operating the camera, who's currently storing cables and the video camera, is an incredible cinematographer and along with Wyatt who is our director of photography did a pretty amazing job. Tana was in charge of makeup and wardrobe; Carlos, the gaffer, responsible for the lighting and finally Oliver, the sound recordist.

Since the course began we all hit it off pretty well and every time we had the opportunity to select a crew for a group project we wanted to work together. We had hung out a couple of times outside class but those moments were mostly to study and work on projects. We get along and have made our teamwork at uni but they all have different groups of friends so we aren't that close outside school.

After finishing today's shooting, we gathered up the equipment we used and took them to the black room. Which is an old chapel that the school turned into a theater for performances but we also have classes there. We cleaned up a bit, the guys said their goodbyes one by one the room was left empty. Except for Jaeyun, who is still organizing the cables and tripods of the panasonic while I check something in the script for the final scene.

"Hey, you, Ms. Director." Jaeyun, probably the closest I'm with from all of the crew, approaches me with a sweet smile and a skateboard under his arm. He's Korean but moved here to San Francisco when he was 7. He is a sweet guy, funny, cute and mysterious. Very flirty in a nice way, he's just really cool and talented. "I'm done here, do you need help with something else?"

"Oh, no, I'm fine. I'm ready to go too. Thank you, Jae." I smile, putting the sheets inside my bag "You did an amazing job today, and always."

"Thanks, so did you." His crimson plump lips expands in a cute grin "I'm pretty sure we're gonna get the highest grade in the class, your story is amazing."

"I hope so, and it isn't totally my story, you know Riley helped a lot with the writing." I clarify, locking the door. We start walking in the empty hallway towards the parking lot.

"I know, but it was your plot." I stare up at him and nod with a sideways smile "It's inspiring and touching, I'm glad Rhiannon found her way." He smiles, taking off his reading glasses and placing them inside a case.