The Sister

When Leon was four years old, his Father brought home a baby girl, one which he Fathered from an affair. With Lyra's Mother dead, Leon's Father became her legal guardian.

They grew up very close and did most things together. They loved each other dearly. When Leon's parents were killed, he raised Lyra. He looked after her, and when he expressed interest in becoming a cop, Lyra became one too.

They reluctantly parted ways when Leon joined the DSO and Lyra joined the BSAA. That's where she met Chris Redfield. Though Leon didn't like it, Chris and his Sister started a relationship.

Now, years later, Lyra is kidnapped by a new threat that Chris and Leon have struggled to put to bed.

They must find her and find a way to stop the threat from terrorising the entire world.

It's Chris's phone ringing that draws me from my slumber. Chris's chest is pressed tightly to my back and his arm is wrapped protectively around my waist. The excessive ringing from his phone causes him to groan in annoyance and he rolls onto his back and reaches his free hand for the device. He squints at the bright screen and sighs, accepting the call.

"What, Leon?"

He asks abruptly and I raise an eyebrow at the mention of my Brother. I turn my neck to check the time. Half past three in the morning.

"When was this? Damn it! Any casualties? Leads? Okay. Get some rest. Bye."

Chris ends the call and drops his phone carelessly back onto his nightstand. His hands come up to rub his face, the tension coming off of him in waves. I frown.

"Spencer's Grandson?"

I ask and he turns his head to look at me. His eyes wonder my face before returning to my eyes. He nods.

"He had a team break into the cemetery and they took a coffin."

He says.

"Whose?"

I ask.

"William Burkin."

My eyes widen. William Burkin was Sherry's Father. He worked for the Umbrella Corporation before double crossing them. He injected himself with an advanced strain of the G-Virus and completely mutated into a monster. He was killed and swiftly buried. Why would Spencer dig him up?
~
At breakfast the next morning, Chris was quiet and favoured coffee over his food. Honestly, I couldn't blame him. Immanuel Spencer is Oswell E Spencer's Grandson. Oswell was a co-founder of The Umbrella Corporation. Immanuel always held a grudge against those who contributed to the collapse of the company. He has been releasing weak strains of the G-Virus in small towns. Now he has William Burkin's remains, I fear that he may release something worse.

"What're you thinking, handsome?"

I ask, reaching my hand across to brush his hair away from his forehead. He smiles at this.