Chapter One: When Shit Goes South

Reyna's pov: 

I can't believe I'm doing this... Letting out a sigh at my own stupidity, I wrap my jacket tighter around my torso and weave through the rows of cars parked in the Lockwood Manor driveway. I'm so underdressed for this, but it's not like I'm here to party. I'm just going to stop whatever shenanigans the Scooby Gang is up to and get out. That should make this stupid nausea go away, right? ... yeah, probably not.

Making my way closer to the door, I finally spot someone I know. I speed up my pace a bit and call out to Elena once I'm in ear shot. "Hey! Thank god I found you... Something's going to happen tonight. You need to tell everyone to stay together until it's over."

Elena tilts her head. "What's going to happen?"

I let out a frustrated sigh. "I don't know... that's not how this works. I've told you that before." She raises her hands in a calming manner.

"You're right, I'm sorry. How about we go find one of the guys and let them know, alright? Or maybe Bonnie could help?"

I'm about to respond when a violent pain sweeps through my head. I sink to my knees and feel Elena grab me so I don't hit the ground too hard. "Reyna?!"

I look up into her scared brown eyes with a pained expression. "It's too late." I hear my friend's muffled scream before something goes over my mouth and nose and everything goes dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Agh..." My eyes flicker open to a low lit room that hasn't seen a feather duster in years. Seriously, there's cobwebs everywhere. Looking around, I notice Elena sitting on the couch across from me and watching the door nervously while fidgeting with her fingers. I shift in my chair to sit up right and she whips her head over to look at me with wide eyes. "What's going on?"

Her eyes widen a bit more and she holds up a finger to her lips for me to be quiet. I nod and force myself to my feet, moving over to sit beside her on the couch so we can talk quietly. "Okay, now can you tell me what the hell is happening?"

"We've been kidnapped by vampires."

I let out a sigh and lean back against the arm of the couch. "Well, shit." I glance up at Elena. "Do you have any idea why?"

She shakes her head. "No, but I may have an idea on how to find out." She grabs my hand and pulls me up off the couch before tiptoeing her way over to the doorway. I don't get any super bad feelings, so I just shrug my shoulders and follow her lead.

We get closer to the stairs and start to hear the vampire's voices. "Did you or did you not get the message to Elijah?"

"They say he got it."

"Wonderful. And what?"

"So, that's it, Trevor. He either got it or he didn't. We just have to wait."

The man, Trevor, has a slight tremble in his voice. "Look, it's not too late. We can leave her here. We don't have to go through with this."

"I'm sick of running." Elena and I creep closer to the doorway to the room they're in and watch for a moment before trying to make our way to the door that leads outside.

"Yeah, well running keeps us from dying."

"Elijah is old school. If he accepts our deal, we're free." Elena steps on a floorboard and it creaks, alerting the Vamp-nappers to our presence. "You!" The woman walks over to us. "There's nothing around here for miles. If you think you're getting out of this house, you're tragically wrong. Understand?" She waits a moment before starting to walk away.

Elena nods before looking up at the woman. "Who's Elijah?"

She pauses and frowns while glancing between us. "He's your worst nightmare." She walks away from us and moves to start cleaning up a little around the room.