Chapter Two: Knowledge Is Power

Reyna's pov: 

Aunt Kaira woke me up this morning by spraying me in the face with some water, like a cat that misbehaved. I guess the passive aggressiveness is well deserved, but it was still a rude awakening. After drying off and getting changed into my outfit for the day, I slipped on my orange converse that Caroline hates more than the Backstreet Boys because they're, quote "obnoxious and loud" unquote, and grabbed my bag.

I decide that it's probably best to skip breakfast, but when I get downstairs, my Aunt is already gone for work and a jar of overnight oats is sitting on the counter with a note. I drop my bag on the floor by the door and head over to read the note. It's pretty short, and just says that I should always eat the most important meal of the day. I smile at the small show of affection before moving to grab a spoon from the drawer.

My phone buzzing catches my attention, so I pull it out and check the text. It's from Stefan. Apparently, I need to get to the boarding house for an impromptu meeting about protecting Elena from the Originals. Letting out a sigh, I slip my phone back into my pocket and grab my breakfast to go before snatching up my bag by the door and heading out.

The drive to the Boarding house is pretty short, so I get there in a pretty good mood. I grab my breakfast and bag before hopping out of the car and heading to the door. I knock and wait for a moment before just letting myself in. It's not like they don't know I'm coming.

When I walk into the living room, I'm greeted by the sight of the boys, Elena, and Rose hanging out. I just roll my eyes and take a seat since the boys tend to bury the lead about stuff like this quite often. "Well, since we're friends with my kidnapper now, I'm just going to sit here and eat my breakfast while you all discuss whatever it is I'm here to listen to."

Damon rolls his eyes as Stefan smiles at me. "Sorry about that, Reyna. Didn't want to tell you over the phone in case you didn't show up."

I swallow a bite of oats and wave my spoon at my best friend. "That's manipulative, but I forgive you anyway. Now, why am I here?"

"You're here because Rose and Elena have filled us in on Elijah's interest in you. We think you might be a bigger piece to this puzzle than we currently know."

"Well, that'll be different." Damon scoffs at my comment, but I choose to ignore him for my own sense of peace. I instead turn to Rose. "What d'you got for us, Rosie?"

"Well, I don't really know what's true and what's not. A lot of myth is mixed in with fact over the years, but that's the problem with all this vampire crap. But Klaus, I know is real."

Elena nods. "Who is he?"

Damon leans against the back of one of the couches while looking at Elena. "One of the Originals. A legend from the first generation of vampires."

"Like Elijah?"

Rose shakes her head and pauses her pacing. "No, Elijah was the Easter Bunny compared to Klaus. He was a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal." Damon rolls his eyes.

Stefan shifts from his place on the arm of the couch to the seat beside me. "Klaus is known to be the oldest." We don't really know if that's true though. We don't really know anything, actually. Which is a problem.

Elena holds up a hand. "Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?"

"No."

"Yes."

I snort at Rose and Stefan's simultaneous and contradictory answers as Damon shakes his head and tries to correct the confusion. "What they're trying to say is– I mean, if what she's saying is true..." He walks over to stand by Rose.