Chapter Three: Back From The Dead

Reyna's pov: 

After our sleepover, Elena said she wanted me to come with her to the boarding house to talk to Rose. She had already talked to Damon and Stefan about some ridiculous plan they cooked up to de-spell the moonstone. She didn't want them to go through with it though, so she's talking to Rose after we get changed for the day.

I drive us to the boarding house and park, stepping out with Elena and walking up to the large house. She doesn't bother knocking before she barges into the entry hall, looking up when Rose comes down the stairs in a silk robe.

They exchange an awkward conversation when Rose realizes that we're not Damon, before she sees me standing behind Elena. Rose smiles at me, giving a small wave before she heads back up the stairs to change into some clothes.

Elena and I wait on the couches in the living room while Rose changes, me grilling Elena for more information on the plan the boys cooked up this morning. The problem is that she doesn't know much more than me. Those boys never share very much information.

When Rose rejoins us, she pours herself a drink from the glass decanter set and sits down on the opposite couch to ours. I smile at her and pull out a Rose I picked from Jenna's garden this morning before we drove over. "For you."

She grins and takes it, sniffing the petals before setting it in her lap. "What's this for?"

"Well, it was because I like your name so much and because Elena didn't think to bring a bribe for the information she wants from you." Rose laughs loudly at my honesty while Elena nudges me with her elbow, rolling her eyes. "Speaking of information..." I turn to signal Elena.

She explains her own plan to Rose and the vampire shakes her head. "It's a bad idea."

Elena frowns. "No, it's not. From what Stefan told me, your friend Slater obviously has more information about Klaus. You and Damon just gave up before you got it."

Rose looks at her with a deadpan expression and dull eyes. "Because someone blew up a coffee shop with us in it."

I nod, looking over at Elena. "I'd probably be more preoccupied with leaving as well if I were there." I don't blame them for ditching a potentially life-threatening situation. It's part of human instinct to stay alive.

My friend ignores my input and focuses back on Rose. "There's more to learn. We just have to find a way to learn it."

"Why are you coming to me with this?"

Elena raises an eyebrow. "Because you owe me. One word from me and Damon and Stefan could've killed you for kidnapping me." I don't stop the frown that comes to my face at her entitled words. She's not usually that manipulative.

Rose shakes her head. "Or maybe its because you know that they wouldn't want you doing this. And their moonstone caper gives you a chance to sneak away."

Elena's confident demeanor from a minute ago crumbles under her gaze. "We're in a disagreement, okay? They're willing to risk everyone I love and I'm not."

Rose gives her a look of pity. "They're just trying to protect you."

I take the moment to chime in with my own opinion, slightly raising my hand in the air for them to notice me. "I'd rather not die at the hands of some mythic Slayer of the Innocent."

Rose shakes her head again. "You won't be. He'll find you as interesting as Elijah did."

"Oh, okay, good to know, I guess." I lean back against the back of the couch, slouching slightly as I let myself relax a bit more.