Chapter Four: Knowing Is Three/Fourths The Battle

Reyna's pov: 

I woke up this morning to three missed calls and several texts from most of the Scooby Gang telling me that Stefan is locked in the tomb with Katherine. I'm not surprised in the least, but I am a good friend. So, I pack a duffel bag full of supplies, picking things up from around town to take with me, and head for the tomb.

After driving to the woods and parking, I grab the bag and trek deeper into the woods until I reach the tomb. I climb down into the ruins, but the entrance isn't blocked by a boulder like it used to be, which is good news for me. My guess is that Damon opened it to see his brother or to get info from Katherine.

Either way, I set my blanket down right outside the barrier, just like I did with Elena, and start going through my bag of supplies. I lay out a handful of blood bags, several water bottles, some clothes for them to change into, some human snacks, a small stack of books, and some comfort items like pillows and blankets.

Once everything is laid out, I look up to see Stefan standing in the doorway with a soft expression on his face. He just smiles at me for a moment, as if appreciating the fact that we're friends. Which he should because I'm skipping school to bring him supplies.

"You know, staring can be considered creepy in some cultures..." I grab two of the blood bags and stand up, walking over to the barrier. "Not that I think you're creepy since I know you're just admiring the view." He snorts out a laugh and I grin. "But some people could get the wrong idea if they catch you staring at me like that."

Stefan shakes his head in amusement. "It's a good thing we're in the middle of the woods underneath an abandoned church then, isn't it?"

"Yes, indeed."

I start to hand over the blood bag, but Stefan holds up a hand to stop me. "If you give me that, I'll just have to share it with her." He nods over his head towards the dark tomb behind him.

I smile at him like he's an idiot, reaching further to give him the bag. "I know. But I brought some for her too." At my words, Katherine vamp-speeds to stand right behind Stefan, grinning like a shark. I accidentally take a small step back at the sudden motion. "Whoa..."

Her grin diminishes a fraction until I reach out with my other hand to give her the second bag of blood. She perks right up as she takes it and tears into it, sucking it dry. "Slow down, Kat, I have plenty more. I raided Damon's stash for you before I came."

Stefan lets out a laugh. "You'll catch hell for that if he notices."

"It'll be our little secret." I wink at him and hand over his first bag. "Don't worry, Stef, I got yours from your own bunny blood stash. Purely human-free." He gently takes it, squeezing my hand in thanks before carefully tearing a hole in the bag and drinking it down.

Once they've both gotten the initial hunger out of their systems, which took several bags each, I pass over everything else. Katherine is visibly shocked when I have things for her too.

"I always knew you were my favorite."

I smile at her words, handing over the outfits I brought for her before turning as they both start to change into fresh clothes. "It wasn't a huge deal, I have plenty in my closet. Although they might not be your exact style, they're clean. I just did the laundry and I'm sure clean clothes are better than dirty ones no matter the style."

I turn when Katherine taps me on the shoulder. She grins at me, freshly changed and honing her sharp attitude now that she's feeling less dead inside. "I love your style, Reyna. You pull it off well."

"Thanks, you do too." I move to hand them the books I brought them, which are the last things that need to be transferred into the tomb since they already have everything else I brought.