Prologue

"Do you mind giving your dad a hand with your things or are you just gonna stand there and look pretty?"

Rosaline Albarn snapped around, pulling off her headphones so they rested around her neck and on her shoulders, blinking a few times to take in the words her mother had just said at her whilst holding a large box of art supplies.

After she understood, she moved her eyes over to the large Range Rover sitting outside of the building, where the familiar Damon Albarn was heaving a heavy bag out of the trunk whilst trying to balance a second box on his other arm.

"I'll take that," She stepped over, forcing a smile and taking the bag.

"I've got it."

"You're not that strong," Lillian warned, and he frowned, "Rose, take the bag and go ask the front desk if you can get your keys would you?"

She rolled her eyes, but followed through nevertheless.

She wanted to keep this as low as possible. She didn't see herself as a celebrity, because her status was purely formed from her parents. That's it. Apart from a few concert photography gigs here and there, her name belonged to Lillian and Damon- which also brings me to the reason she didn't want to make such a big deal about moving into her new flat in London, since she knew her parents would be tagging along.

You'd be crazy if you think Lillian wouldn't be there to micromanage her every move and change her room around about ten times before Rosaline finally kicked her out. And Damon, well, he was just there because he wanted to help out- and take the piss out of Lillian.

But that also means unnecessary attraction from the press on the streets. It was London after all, and as soon as one of those sly, privacy-invading camera holders spots any one of the 90s icons, they circle around you like flies.

Rosaline never really cared for the cameras, she grew up with them. Although she didn't remember the majority of it, because as soon as she was old enough to have her own thoughts and memories, her mother had quit her life in which the press actually found interest in her, and her father managed to evade them at all costs.

I mean, seriously, I have no clue how he does it.

Rosaline started to wonder whether it was because he rarely went outside. He was always cooped up inside of his office, or the recording studio built into the basement- with Jamie Hewlett and other members of Gorillaz when needed. That 'party life' that he was known for in the 90s was no more, and now he was just a humble father figure who tried to remind Rosaline Albarn almost everyday that the things she sees about him in the news from that time is not him anymore.

She already understands, she just finds it sweet that he is so desperate for her to see him for how he is and not his past actions.

"Can I help you?"

She must have lost track.

"Yeah, sorry- uh, I've been told to pick up my keys today?"

The guy at the desk gave a warm smile, "Can I have your name?"

"Rosaline Albarn."

Whilst he was busy looking through his computer for her records and application, she let her eyes wander around the reception area, which was definitely not what she was expecting.

Having the parents she did came with great pros as well as the cons. The pros being that she was never short of money, and because of this, they insisted on paying for almost anything she has ever so much as looked in the general direction of. When she got into University, private housing was always gonna be the route she was taking, and even then, she had to beg her parents to let her get a room where she shared a kitchen.