PART II

10th September 2020

"That's so cool, I'm in the news," Anna squeaked, clutching her phone and doing a small dance around the room, "Well, they didn't say my name, but I'm in the picture."

"Why are you in the news?" Rosaline asked, raising an eyebrow and trying to get a look.

"Because of you, why else?" She laughed, slouching down into the seat beside her, "Look, read this article."

The blonde girl raised an eyebrow, taking the phone gently and scanning the screen, "Throwback Thursday! Rosaline Albarn and Gene Gallagher seen out together in Kings Cross reminding people of their parents' 90s love- alright, what the fuck is this?"

"What's so bad about it? I thought it was cute."

"It's not. I was helping Gene get home because he was flat out drunk."

"Okay... still sort of cute." Anna trailed off, giving her a weird look, "What do they mean by "their parents' 90s love story?" She then asked.

Rosaline was severely hungover, and she really wasn't ready to have this conversation, but judging by how Anna has been for the past twenty four hours, she knew if she didn't tell her, she was only going to ask until she did, "Liam Gallagher and my mum dated in the 90s."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah. It was a whole thing."

"How come they broke up?"

Rosa took a deep inhale, "Because Liam's an asshole."

"He seems pretty funny to me."

She glared.

"Well, now at least," Anna corrected, sitting up straight, "I grew up with Blur mainly, that's what my mum listened to. She never liked Oasis really."

"I didn't really like either."

She smirked a little, walking over to the kitchen and pouring herself a coffee from the kettle, "Did your parents, like, argue over whether you're supposed to listen to Oasis or Blur?"

"See, everyone asks me this," Rosaline laughs a bit, "But they never mentioned music around me ever. I remember them going off touring, but that's it. Dad wasn't too bothered about what I listened to, and mum was obsessed with making sure I grew up to be my own person with my own taste in music."

"That's good, I see so many singers coax their children into liking their music so it looks like they're their biggest supporters," She nodded, "It's cute and all, but I'm sure they just wanna be their own person."

"Yeah, they weren't like that. Thankfully." Rosaline rolled her eyes.

Aurora walked through the door a few minutes later, holding onto her laptop and headphones, "Rosa, your phone's ringing, I can hear it through the door. It wouldn't shut up."

Her cheeks tinged pink, and she stood up, "Sorry. I usually put it on silent."

"No worries, it just sounded important."

"Ooh, I wonder who's calling you so urgently," Anna teased, smirking a bit and earning a glare.

"Probably Liam's kid. Forgot his name." Aurora added on.

"How do you know about that?"

"Erm, the article?" She laughed, "The entire hall does. One of the guys up the corridor put a giant Oasis poster on the door this morning, think he's trying to get your attention." She snickered.

Rosaline rolled her eyes, groaning and stomping back into her room.

The phone wasn't ringing anymore, but it's safe to say she wasn't surprised by the three missed calls and two messages from Gene Gallagher sitting on her homescreen.