PART IV

2nd October 2020

Rosaline Albarn was never the relationship type. She's explained to countless people that she just doesn't feel like committing. It's a scary thing, being in love. It really is. Putting your entire trust into someone and hoping that they don't throw your entire heart away without a second thought. There were so many thoughts that filled her mind whenever she heard of the term 'being in love'.

How are you supposed to know that they feel the exact same way? How do you know that they aren't just using you? How could you possibly know that they aren't just going to toss you away when they find someone who has everything you have and more?

She was just scared.

But she was trying here, really trying.

She liked Gene, she thought he was everything she needed in a partner. Caring, understanding, but with the right amount of personality that made it so she could have conversations with him and never get bored or feel like she couldn't talk about the subject at hand. He got on well with her friends, and he introduced her to his.

But they weren't dating.

Funny, I know.

They slept together that night after Colours, of course they did. Both of them were quite drunk, mostly her, but it was a decision she didn't regret, despite the liquor in her system. He ended up staying over the following night, but they never had a conversation about it.

They never brought up the term boyfriend and girlfriend, or the word dating. She figured it was because he wanted to try things before he put a label on it, to make sure that it's what he wanted. Which she thought was fair, and she trusted that he'd speak to her about it when he felt more comfortable.

"Please remember to use the facilities and book your own workshops- we won't do this for you."

Rosaline jumped a little, her eyes darting up from her laptop and over to the lecture stage, where her usual tutor was standing, pointing at the large board behind him.

"I'll now pass the floor to Mr. Willis, he'll be handling the rest of the lecture," He continued on, pointing to the young man sitting on the desk by the front row, his leg crossed over the other, "Again, this is a very special appearance, so pay attention, if you're gonna get any ideas for our latest assignments, it's gonna be now." He warned, pointing at everyone individually with a pen, before making his way off the stage.

Rosaline sighed, putting her head onto her hand as she stared down the set of seats, tapping her finger on the trackpad of her laptop.

The rest of the class seemed to draw on without an end, and with the poor girl's mind elsewhere, she didn't seem to be able to make a single note on the subject, and had to rely on the recording of the entire lecture which was uploaded later on.

She had a quiet week coming up, since the freshers period seemed to be mainly over, and in all honesty, she was glad. She had wanted a reason to stay in ever since she got so drunk she was bedridden for the next 48 hours, and now she had the perfect excuse. Of course, Anna was still enjoying the days off she had inside of some grimy London club, or a pub across the road, distracting herself from the bore of her studies by shoving shots down her throat and sometimes the tongue of another man.

Rosaline didn't share the love for the lifestyle, unfortunately. Especially after her and Gene Gallagher had started whatever the hell was going on.

Okay, maybe she wasn't as happy as she let off.

She was tired.

She wanted to call him her boyfriend, she was sick of dancing around the subject, because she seriously had no clue what to think. I mean, how does she introduce him to people? The guy she's sleeping with? The guy who likes to act like her boyfriend but doesn't like the word itself? A friend? An acquaintance?