Chapter 1

Nia and Tammy walk into their grandparents bakery and find them slow dancing to a smooth jazz song.

"Ayee, go grandpa, go grandma." Nia cheers them on.

"Look at you two." Tammy giggles.

Grandpa lowers the volume, "how did you like our dance moves?" He asks.

"Amazing." Tammy says. "Yeah." Nia agrees.

"Aren't you two supposed to be at school? What are you doing here?" Grandma asks.

"We're here to help with the bakery." Nia says.

"We still got time till school starts." Tammy adds.

"Okay then , that means we'll be heading home now. Make sure you give the key to Evelyn." Grandpa reminds them.

"Yeah." Nia and Tammy say at the same time.

After their grandparents left, Tammy got everything ready
Incase people would already be coming in.

"Hey, check this out." Nia shows Tammy something on her phone.

"Fuck no. I'm not going." Tammy says.

Nia whines, "why not? This one looks really haunted." Nia says.

"Yeah, so did all the previous houses we've explored. I'm telling you Nia, ghosts aren't real. And I feel so stupid for actually believing that they were. They're all just stories." Tammy says.

"Tammy, you don't understand. This is different. Look, even this guy keeps saying it's haunted. He's even warning us not to go there." Nia says.

"Nia, look at the comments. 'This guy is crazy.', 'Bro never took a break from the Zaza.', 'Bro thinks he's in a horror movie.'."

"He's not crazy. I believe him." Nia says.

"Well, suit yourself. I'm not going with you." Tammy says as she flips the 'Closed' sign over.

Somebody comes in.

"Heyy Evelyn." Tammy greets her.

"Heyy. Arent you guys supposed to be school?" She asks them.

"Yeah, but there's still time before school starts." Tammy says.

"Plus, it's Friday." Nia adds.

"Okay." She sighs. "You okay, Nia?" She asks her.

"No, yeah. I'm just.. Tammy doesn't wanna go ghost hunting with me anymore." Nia says.

"Aww."

"Can't be ghost hunting when they don't exist." Tammy says.

"Tammy, I thought you were into those things, what happened?" Evelyn asks.

"Meh, nothing really ever happens. You go into a 'haunted house', all you find is spiderwebs and old books."

"... I'm sorry Nia. I'm sure your friends would like to join you." Evelyn says.

"Yeah. Besides, I don't need Tammy." 😑

"Uh, you were begging me to go with you like a minute ago." Tammy raises an eyebrow.

"That was a minute ago.."

"Girls, it's 7:50..." Evelyn tells them.

"Oh shit! Come on, let's go!" Tammy and Nia run out of the bakery, using their energy to get to school before the bell rings. They keep running but Tammy trips and falls on the hard pavement.

"Fuck." Tammy curses softly.

Nia comes back and helps her up.

"Oh no, it's bleeding."