Two

Carlos navigated through Madrid's bustling streets, his mother by his side, to the dental clinic his father had arranged an appointment with. Pulling into the parking lot, they entered a beautiful clinic with a modern interior and sophisticated furniture.

 The atmosphere exuded comfort and professionalism, putting them at ease. Inside the clinic, a receptionist was engrossed in a phone conversation, and a woman sat in a corner engrossed in a magazine. As Carlos and his mother settled in, they waited for their turn. The anticipation of the appointment hung in the air, both apprehensive about what lay ahead. Exactly on time, the consultation door swung open, revealing a striking doctor with a young child in tow. The doctor's beauty was only matched by her confident demeanour as she addressed the patient she had just treated. 

The lady who was sitting walks up to them and the doctor starts talking "I've cleared out the pus, but there might be discomfort for the night. Let's prescribe a painkiller for that and schedule a root canal for next week. Bea, please get them an appointment."

Turning her attention, the doctor's gaze landed on Carlos and his mother. With a warm smile, she addressed them, "You must be my next patient."Bea, the receptionist, chimed in, "That's Reyes Vasquez Sainz. We have a consultation appointment for her."

Realization dawned on the doctor's face as she connected the dots. "Oh, Mrs. Sainz! Your husband called in the morning. It's so lovely to meet you. I am Dr. Valentina Romero, and I'll be your consultant for the day. Please come with me."Carlos exchanged a glance with his mother, who returned a reassuring smile before walking behind the doctor. 

In the dental room, Dr. Romero's professionalism was matched by her gentle demeanour. She explained the procedure to Carlos's mother, putting her at ease as she prepared to address her dental concerns. The clinic's sterile yet calming environment contrasted with the nerves that often accompanied dental visits. As Dr. Romero worked with precision, Carlos's mother began to relax, reassured by both the doctor's skills.

As the appointment concluded, Reyes and Valentina emerged from the consultation room. Carlos glanced up from his phone, his attention immediately drawn to his mother's relieved expression. With gratitude evident in her eyes, she addressed Valentina, "You're an angel, Valentina. My husband was right – I didn't even realize when you were done. Thank you so much."

Valentina's response was kind and genuine, "Oh, please, Mrs. Sainz. I was more than happy to help. I'm glad you're feeling at ease." Carlos, impressed by Valentina's professionalism and warmth, walked over to join them. "This is my son, Carlos. It was he who insisted I visited a dentist," Reyes introduced. 

Valentina's smile extended to Carlos as she acknowledged, "Ah, then I'm glad someone was concerned. Untreated dental issues can lead to more significant problems."

Carlos returned the smile, finding himself intrigued by the doctor's poise and compassion. As their conversation continued, Carlos couldn't help but feel drawn to the doctor. Turning to the doctor, Carlos inquired, "Does she need to visit you again soon?"

Valentina pondered for a moment before responding, "Well, she might need to, but not this soon. We could give it a month's gap."With reassurance from the doctor, the family said their goodbyes and left the clinic. Carlos observed his mother as they walked away, noting the relief in her demeanour. The encounter had been a success, thanks to Valentina's expertise and caring approach. As they made their way out, Carlos couldn't shake the feeling that this meeting held more significance than he initially realized. He stole a backward glance, his eyes resting on the figure of Valentina - a moment frozen in time.