fourteen

As the car sped along the winding road, Valentina couldn't shake the unease that had settled within her. the unexpected encounter with her ex, Patrick, had rattled her. She watched the world outside rush by, lost in her thoughts.

"I am not commitment-phobic, you know?" Val finally blurted out, her voice tinged with frustration and vulnerability.

Carlos, who had been focused on the road, shifted his attention to her with a furrowed brow. "Why are you telling me that?" he asked gently, concern etched on his features.

Valentina took a deep breath, her fingers toying with the edge of her seat. "I'm not commitment-phobic, okay? It's just... Patrick, my ex, he cheated on me with Fleur, my best friend. That experience, it scarred me. I felt betrayed, and it made me wary of getting close to someone again. I carried that fear of losing someone, of being hurt, into every relationship since."

Carlos absorbed her words, his eyes reflecting empathy and understanding. "Patrick sounded like a real douchebag from what I heard. I never took him seriously. But is that why you were hesitant about dating a celebrity?" he inquired softly.

Valentina shook her head. "No, not because of that. I was scared because, Carlos, I liked you the moment I saw you, and I knew my feelings would only grow stronger with time. I just didn't want to build something beautiful only to ruin it with my own insecurities and fears."

Carlos let her words hang in the air for a moment before responding, his voice steady and filled with reassurance. "Val, you don't have to worry about anything with me. You're the one for me, and I'll be as patient as you want me to be. You don't have to say it back to me right now, but I love you, Val, and there's nothing I won't do to protect what we have. I'm in this for the long run."

Valentina's heart swelled with emotion as Carlos's words enveloped her. She turned to him, her eyes glistening with tears of relief and gratitude.

"Stop the car," Valentina's voice cut through the quiet hum of the engine.

Carlos, momentarily puzzled, glanced at her. "What? Why?" he questioned, his hands still securely on the steering wheel.

"Stop the car, pull it over, Carlos," Val urged, the urgency in her voice unmissable. In response, Carlos eased his foot off the accelerator and brought the car to a gentle stop at the side of the deserted road.

The moment the vehicle stilled, Valentina unfastened her seat belt, her eyes locked onto his with a fervent intensity. Without words, she leaned in, capturing his lips in a fiery kiss.

Carlos, initially taken aback by the suddenness of her actions, quickly succumbed to the magnetic pull of their connection. He responded passionately, their mouths locked together in a fiery embrace. As they parted, he could see a blaze of desire in her eyes, a desire mirrored in his own heart.

Without another word, he unbuckled his seat belt, a silent invitation. "Come here," he whispered huskily.

Valentina needed no further encouragement. She gracefully shifted, moving to straddle his lap on the driver's seat, their bodies merging together in a magnetic pull that had been building since their first encounter. Carlos's hands encircled her waist, pulling her closer as he claimed her lips once more. It was a kiss filled with a longing that transcended words, a union of two souls that had been drawn together, fated to intertwine.

"I've been wanting to do this since Imola," Carlos murmured against her lips, his kisses trailing down her neck, igniting sparks of desire along her skin.

Valentina, lost in the intoxicating sensations that Carlos stirred within her, finally pulled away, her chest heaving with a mixture of anticipation and yearning. "Let's go back to your place," she whispered, her voice filled with longing.

Carlos looked up at her, his dark eyes searching for any sign of hesitation. "You sure?" he asked, his voice laced with tenderness as he held her gaze.

"More than I ever was," Valentina replied, her heart pounding with the certainty that their connection was something she cherished beyond measure.

A/N

I am little confused on whether I should write an explicit chapter or do a semi explicit chapter. Whatever it is it will be followed by tooth rotting fluff. I have couple hours of lectures but I will be back after contemplating my major and letting uni suck the soul out of me . Byee !!