The Headmaster And the Truth

Harrison walked away from his conversation with McGonagall and made his way to the charms classroom. Upon arriving he asked if Professor Flitwick may accompany him to the Headmaster's office as his staff representative, to which the half-goblin agreed. Flitwick said the password and the two climbed the rotating staircase into the Headmaster's office. Sitting behind the desk was Dumbledore clad in his vibrant purple robes and sporting his signature eye twinkle which made Harrison uncomfortable. To the side of the room, sitting on a conjured sofa, was James, Lily and Alexander Potter. Harrison groaned as he and Flitwick took their seats in front of Dumbledore, the old man looking at Flitwick as if trying to dismiss him.

When the charms professor stayed, Dumedore sighed and began. "How have you been, Harry. You gave us quite the scare when you left the Dursleys' close to two months ago. Do you mind telling me where you stayed in the meantime?" Dumbledore stared at Harrison, smiling comfortingly at the boy but the blonde wasn't looking at him at all. "I have two things to say, Headmaster," Harrison began. After a few moments of silence, expecting an interruption, he continued,"first, you have no right to call me Harry, that is reserved for those I consider close friends or my family so you will address me as either Harrison, Mr Potter or Heir Gryffindor. Second, I do mind so I won't be telling you a thing." Harrison glared but the action was pointless as he wasn't even looking at Dumbledore but at the portrait of Phineas Nigellus Black.

Dumbledore stroked his beard lightly as he stared at the boy. Heir Gryffindor? Surely he can't possibly know about that can he? Who told him that the Gryffindors interbred with the Potters? Dumbledore sighed and blinked a few times. "Harrison, if you do not tell me then I am going to have to rescind your permit to tryout for the Gryffindor Quidditch Team." The Headmaster stared solemnly at Harrison. He didn't want to resort to blackmail to get answers from the boy but it was the only way he could think of. James stared at the old man curiously. "What do you mean, Headmaster Dumbledore? First years can't even play on the house teams." He said glancing between the headmaster and his son. "That is usually the case, James, unless the Headmaster of the school gives express permission to an individual deemed skilled enough at flying in their first year to make the team which McGonagall said he was, asking me to give my permission which I did."

"That's not fair!" cried Alexander,"if he can tryout why can't I? He can't even do magic!" Harrison clenched his fists and a vine closed around Alexander's face, blocking his mouth. Lily and James were stunned for a moment at their son's comment but then frantically began cutting the vine off his face. James glared at Harrison,"detention Harry, I won't allow you to keep on attacking your brother." Harrison groaned and turned to Dumbledore, looking st his beard instead of the man's eyes. "So you're telling me that you gave me permission to try out for the Gryffindor team, only for you to threaten to rescind that permission to blackmail me into speaking about my life outside of school? The fuck is wrong with you, you twisted prick." Harrison spoke in a low tone. Dumbledore looked shocked at the rage Harrison was showcasing, Lily gasped at his use of language and James just growled.

"You watch your tone, son-" James began but Harrison stood up, pushing his chair to the floor and interrupted him. "Don't you dare call me son! You have never been my father- you, who so readily gave me up to be raised by filthy muggles while you coddled and pampered that redheaded lardass there. He got glory and fame, I got left and forgotten!" Harrison yelled, breathing heavily and glaring at his father. Saveuse flew in through the open window and began to sing, landing on Harrison's shoulder to quell his distress. He picked up his chair and sat down again, stroking his familiar's neck gently. Dumbledore stared at the bird, he knew phoenix were drawn to powerful and unyielding wizards, but the wizard must have a limited capability for the dark for them to bond so well with them.

As Harrison calmed himself, Flitwick spoke up. "What does he mean, 'abandoned'?" Flitwick looked between the Potters and the Headmaster. "When I was three, that old git convinced my parents to take me and dump me with my muggle aunt, uncle and cousin whilst they focused all their attention on their other son, the supposed great 'Boy Who Lived'. They seemed to completely forget about my existence, they never came back to check on me or see me once- my so called parents I mean. Dumbledore came once a month but only stayed for five minutes before leaving again. July just gone, I managed to leave and disappear. I wanted to attend a different magical school as I knew my brother would be here but I was informed once the letter is sent you are forced to attend that school unless the headmaster and a headmaster of a different school agree to transfer you." He stared at the floor, his expression changing between a grimace and a glare as he spoke. He then pointed at Alexander,"oi, ponce. What sort of training did they put you through the last eight years that was so important they had to abandon me entirely?" Harrison asked in a threatening tone causing James to jump up.