Return

07/01/1992, Gryf. Common Room, 13:42

The first day back had brought many things to Harrison's life at Hogwarts. The first was the team thanking him for their presents, Angelina smothering him in an embrace that felt more like a submission hold than a hug. Oliver had given them the new trainingn schedule, three times a week with the Sunday session being two and a half hours long which brought a groan from Alicia, complaining from Fred and George, discontented humming from Katie and enthusiastic agreement from Harrison.

During his lessons on the first day back, he had managed to perform 'normal' magic for the first time which angered Alexander, Hermione and Ron to no end. After all, to them he was meant to be the useless squib who was only there to make them look better but now he was actually performing in class on the practical portion of lessons on top of his top of the class grades in the theory side, the 'Golden Trio' now looked like morons which enraged them.

"I mean, he has to be cheating!" Hermione yelled out, her anger dripping from each word, "how can he go from being a squib to top of the class in the space of two weeks? He has to have used dark magic!" She slumped in her chair, infuriated with the elder Potter twin.

"Why don't we corner him and threaten him to telling us he used dark magic? Even if he's a dark wizard, he's no match for all three of us," Ron said almost unintelligibly as his mouth was filled with food, causing Hermione to grimace in distaste.

"Yeah, I reckon we go with that. What can he do to the three of us? We're better than him at magic and fighting so it'll be a piece of cake!" Alexander exclaimed, slamming his fist on the table with a grin. Little did they know that the three boys sat next to the 'Golden Trio' were going to spoil their little excursion by informing their target of an impending attack.

"Oi, Harrison!" a voice shouted down the corridor. The owner's two companions looked at him admonishingly but looked back towards Harrison who had stopped still at the other end, waiting for them to catch up. "There you are! Honestly, this castle is a nightmare for finding people," the same voice from before complained in a very thick Irish accent.

"Um, can I help you with anything? I'd rather not be late for potions," Harrison murmured almost inaudibly but the Irish boy stood straight and schooled his features. "Alex and his two friends plan on cornering you and attacking you after classes today, they think you did some dark magic so you could cheat on classes and they want to beat the answer out of you," the boy regurgitated the story at such a high speed it took several moments for Harrison to actually process what he'd said but once he had, he paled slightly before nodding.

"Thanks for telling me, Seamus, but I can handle them fine. No, I didn't use dark magic to be able to use spells, the goblins helped me. Also, we are now going to be late for potions unless we run," Harrison said before turning down the corridor and using his wind ability to run without air resistance. He arrived at potions and apologised to Snape before moving to his seat. Seamus and his two friends came in five minutes later, losing five points each before Snape started the lesson.

He began scribbling down most of what Snape was saying about the potion they were supposed to brew that lesson into his diary, disecting warnings and tips from his usual deprocative drawl. Snape gavw them permission to begin and Harrison waited until last to retrieve his ingredients for the potion.

He pointed his wand at his empty cauldron and muttered a short incantation, causing a light blue aura to emerge around his station. He began making his potion, quietly humming along to 'She's So High' by Blur as he worked. Snape watched on in mild curiosity and extreme pleasure- though he'd never show anyone that- as Harrison was delicately following all his hidden instructions whilst also following the ones on the chalkboard.