Detention and Quidditch

Harrison had a good second day at school until he was forced to endure the DADA lecture. The lesson was boring, just his 'father' telling stories of his time as an auror. Between the subtle looks from his father and the glares from his brother, the lesson had made him miserable and that wasn't even including the dread of the detention afterwards. Harrison packed up his things then sat back down in his chair whilst the rest of the class left. As the other first years walked past he saw the victorious smirks on Malfoy and Alexander's faces and it infuriated him. He clenched his fist causing them both to trip over a vine before removing it so he didn't get into anymore trouble. James came down from his office a few minutes later and looked at Harrison confused.

"Harry? What are you still doing here, class was dismissed?" James asked as he strode up to his eldest son. "Detention, remember? You gave me it after I supposedly unreasonably assaulted the ponce? The detention you gave without even telling me, instead just telling McGonagall to tell me" He said incredulously. "You watch your tone with me, Harry. I may be your father but I'm still a teacher and at school I demand respect." James lifted a seat, placed it in front of Harrison's desk facing the blonde and sat down.

"Firstly, stop calling yourself my father- you're far from it and second, I will respect those who have earned it. McGonagall has my respect as she is a brilliant teacher and does most the work in the castle, Snape has my respect because he's so adept at potions he has changed many recipes and made certain potions easier to brew and finally Flitwick has me respect as he treats me more like a son than you ever did." Harrison spat, staring at his father with fire in his eyes. James just stared at the boy in astonishment, he knew leaving him at the Dursleys would cause him to have a strained relationship with the boy but he hadn't thought it would be this bad. After a few moments passed, James waved his wand and a pot of ink, a quill and a sheet of lines landed on the desk.

"You're going to be writing lines for the remainder of this detention, Harry. If you purposefully write slowly then I'll extend the detention another hour, you got it?" Harrison nodded and scowled as he began to write. After half an hour, Lily walked in and looked at Harrison and James in confusion. "How did you land yourself in detention?" She asked as she pulled a seat up the far end of Harrison's desk. "Strangled ponce and weasel outside of history of magic and, according to your golden boy, I did it without any provocation." Harrison replied through gritted teeth as Lily looked at her husband mortified. "Ok... so what was the provocation?" Harrison took a deep breath, he didn't want to be speaking to his parents, never mind start building a relationship with them. They abandoned him and now they come back eight years later to offer love? Where was that love when he was abused at the Dursleys'?

"Like you would care," he spat,"like you'd take any possible accusation of wrongdoing against your son seriously, especially from a stranger." He picked up his quill and continued to write his lines as the vein in his temple pulsed. He needed to calm down but their presence wasn't helping he closed his eyes and began breathing deeply, trying to steady himself but nothing was working. "Harry, please, talk to us. Whatever you have to say, we will listen- we're your parents." she said softly reaching for his hand. Harrison smacked her away and stood up, his chair clattering to the floor. He ran towards the door and tried to open it but couldn't. Harrison turned to see James holstering his wand and standing, taking slow steps towards the blonde boy. Harrison took a quick glance at the window, wondering how far the drop would be if he jumped. He ran and jumped up to the open window, flinging himself out. Liky screamed as James ran over to the window with his wand out ready to catch Harrison but when they looked out they could see the boy running along the turrets of the castle wall. With an annoyed grumble, James left the classroom and entered his office leaving Lily alone, standing in shock in the centre of the claasroom

Two weekends later, Harrison was stood on the quidditch next to his brother. Apprently Alexander complained to Dumbledore about Harrison's 'preferential treatment' and managed to get himself a permit to tryout for the team. Nobody had tried out for any of the other positions with Harrison and Alexander being the only seeker tryouts meaning the brothers were to go head to head catching the snitch. Harrison had his old Comet 260 whilst Alexander sauntered onto the field holding an all new Nimbus2000. Oliver Wood released the snitch and counted to 10 before letting the two contestants take off. Harrison closed his eyes, if he just focused he would be able to hear the snitch's flapping. Realising his plan wouldn't work with the whispering of the spectators, he chose to just look around for the snitch and spotted it almost instantly at the base of the far goalposts where Alexander was currently circling. Harrison dove towards the opposite goalposts hoping Alexander would follow him and he did.