十二 | Water World

3rd person pov

Ayuna quickly recovered after sleeping and the kamaboko squad were trained by the flame hashira.

Soon there was a new mission on an island. Rumors has it that nobody returned from the island so it was the demon slayers job to inspect the island.

The island was located somewhere in the ocean and they only could get there by a ship so for safety reasons, three pillars, the kamaboko squad and the sea demon were assigned for the mission.

It will take two days and one night to reach the island so Ayuna was very excited to swim around the ocean at night.

"When are we going to the ship? I can't wait." Ayuna looked up to Giyu who was going to close the bottle.

"We need to buy supplies first and store them in the ship so it will take a while."
He answered, "We also need to meet up with the others."

With that being said, they went to the meeting point to group up with the kamaboko squad and the two other hashiras.

"Tomioka-san!" Tanjiro spotted the said pillar and waved at him and as he got closer, he also greeted Ayuna who was in the bottle.

Obanai: "He's late again."

Ayuna: "He'll show up soon. By the way are you guys also excited? I can't wait to go swimming."

Tanjiro: "And I can't wait to see the ocean!"

Obanai: "A bit perhaps. You do have a big  advantage with that much water around you. I don't think three hashiras are needed."

And finally Muichiro arrived, "Sorry, I'm late."

They ran to their destination and looked for their already prepared ship at the harbor. Then, they went downtown to buy food for their trip.

They passed many shops and Giyu eventually stopped in front of a shop that sold parasols.

"Do you plan to buy one for Ayuna?" Tanjiro asked.

Ayuna heard him: "Buy me what? I don't need anything."

"A surprise!" Tanjiro answered for Giyu as he took a big parasol and paid for it.

"A surprise?" Ayuna repeated, "I hate surprises, they make me think."

"Then just think."  Giyu said.

Ayuna: "You're not going to tell me? Come on please, I don't want to guess what it is."

On their way to the ship Ayuna couldn't stop guessing.

Ayuna: "Perhaps fish? No wait they are all around the ocean. Is it a new fish tank?"

Giyu said no again and it was quite funny to hear her frustrated voice.

Ayuna: "Ugh. I give up. What time is it? Is the sun already down?"

Obanai: "It's still early. But we're departing."

Ayuna: "We're on the ship? I can't wait for night to come."

Ayuna could hear how Inosuke shouted from afar: "It's moving! I want to race it!"
Zenitsu tried to stop him from jumping and Tanjiro gasped at the beautiful sight. Obanai also stared at the distance and Muichiro watched the clouds moving.