二十一 | Muzan

3rd person pov

Ayuna sat in front of Ubuyashiki Kagaya.

Ayuna: "It was about time you call me, I got anxious. How come you're so calm?"

Kagaya: "I have a feeling that we'll succeed and I'm sure we'll win."

Ayuna: "You seem to be very sure."

Kagaya: "Well, we have talented and awesome demons at our side."

Ayuna: "That's very nice of you but I'm still afraid a bit. Also, shouldn't you start to look for another place? He's going to find you first."

Kagaya: "Right..."

Ayuna: "I can tell you have something on your mind. I'm all ears."

"As expected from you, there's nothing people can hide from you." he sighed, "I used to have a plan and I've made up my mind long time ago. But circumstances changed thanks to you, but for something I've already decided on it's hard to forget. And it seems like, as if it was just yesterday that you cured me."

"So you have trouble now to decide what you'll do?" the demon smiled, "I believe with my presence in the demon slayer corps, I might have changed some fates and events. And I don't regret anything. Also to be honest, I don't know if I'll make it or not, but I do know I want to continue this journey with everyone I met including you. So if you don't mind Kagaya-san, can I suggest a plan?"

Kagaya smiled: "Feel free to do so."

"But before the plan," she began, "Is there anything you want to wish for? Like I said, I don't know if I'll make it. So it's either now or never."

"May I ask Ayuna, did someone ever asked you what you wanted? I may not have the power to grant wishes like you but I do want to hear your wish." he asked.

"Circumstances changed." she answered, "It didn't matter back then, but now I want everyone to live happily ever after."

"Then Ayuna, I wish that you're a part of our happy ever after. Live too." he said.

Ayuna: "That sounds great."

Kagaya: "Did I make you emotional? Sorry about that."

She placed her fingers on her cheek and they were wet. "Don't apologise, I'm happy and thank you."

"I also have something to tell you which can make you happier." Kagaya added.

"There is?"

Kagaya: "Tamayo completed the antidote. You might not know but Nezuko already got it, she may have some fever now but she'll be human soon. And you can be human too."

"I can be human again?" she whispered aloud and more tears fell from her eyes, "This is good news."

"You're especially emotional today. I should have called you earlier so you didn't have to grow anxious." he pinpointed.

"No it alright. I'm really happy right now." she breathed in and out to control her tears but they kept coming out, "I think I..... I need a hug."

Kagaya: "There, there."

Ayuna: "I need to tell Giyu about it!"

Kagaya: "Wasn't there a plan you wanted to share?"

Ayuna: "Oh right!"

-

"Giyu!"

The door got swung open and the room was dark. It was really late and yet the water pillar sat there and waited for her arrival. He noticed something dripping on the floor and under the moonlight which shone from the open window on the floor he could tell it was tears.