Chapter 27: First Encounters Part III

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

????? P.O.V

We ran away from our prison. We should've stayed... if we did... then... that boy wouldn't have...

The two of us left that empty room and into the hallway that opened to us. I didn't think about what could be outside the room, but I was certain it was better than there.

If we can just leave this place... maybe my family could find me... if they were looking for me in the first place.

But if they weren't... I would still have him. My eyes looked to the back of their head as I held onto my book tightly. All I needed was him.

The boy led us through the hallway until we came across more rooms designed for different purposes. One room looked as if it was designed to monitor us. Another looked to be a laboratory of some kind... something about that room... it sent chills down my spine.

As we were running through this room. Someone in a lab coat ran in looking panicked as they were covered in blood and holding something. It was clear to me that they were injured. I saw the wings on their back... they were a male Devil.

When that person noticed us, their eyes were filled with horror as-

The boy let go of my hand and lunged towards the man. It... was strange.

The boy... I swore he died.

The Devil lifted his injured arm and cast magic that destroyed the boy's head. But that didn't happen.

It was as if the world refused that outcome. The boy instead managed to quickly move to the Devil's left side instead of lunging. The Devil tried to move his arm but flinched from the pain he felt. If was for a moment, but a moment was all the boy needed.

The boy leaped forward and slashed at the Devil's throat. I watched as he fell back against the doorframe but the boy didn't stop. It was as if this Devil deserved no mercy.

The boy spun the scalpel in his hand before repeatedly stabbing into the Devil's face over and over again. As he did this, my eyes looked at what the man had in his other hand and saw a clipboard.

I reached down to pick it up and looked at what was on it. On the first page, it was the boy.

𝔖𝔲𝔟𝔧𝔢𝔠𝔱: ℨ𝔢𝔯𝔬 𝔒𝔫𝔢

ℨ𝔢𝔯𝔬 𝔒𝔫𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔲𝔢𝔡 𝔱𝔬 𝔟𝔢 𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔱𝔢𝔠𝔱𝔦𝔳𝔢 𝔞𝔯𝔬𝔲𝔫𝔡 ℨ𝔢𝔯𝔬 𝔗𝔴𝔬 𝔞𝔰 𝔢𝔵𝔭𝔢𝔠𝔱𝔢𝔡. ℑ𝔱 𝔞𝔭𝔭𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔞 "𝔗𝔯𝔲𝔢 𝔇𝔢𝔳𝔦𝔩" 𝔡𝔢𝔰𝔭𝔦𝔱𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔦𝔯 𝔩𝔦𝔫𝔢𝔞𝔤𝔢 𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔥𝔞𝔰 𝔰𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔫𝔢𝔠𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔣𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱. 𝔖𝔬 𝔪𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔰𝔬 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 ℨ𝔢𝔯𝔬 𝔒𝔫𝔢 𝔦𝔰 𝔲𝔫𝔞𝔟𝔩𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔳𝔦𝔢𝔴 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔪 𝔞𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔫 "𝔥𝔲𝔪𝔞𝔫." ℑ𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔞𝔰𝔢, 𝔴𝔢 𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔦𝔢𝔳𝔢 ℨ𝔢𝔯𝔬 𝔒𝔫𝔢 𝔴𝔬𝔲𝔩𝔡 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔢𝔩𝔦𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔞𝔱𝔢𝔡 ℨ𝔢𝔯𝔬 𝔗𝔴𝔬 𝔬𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔬𝔯𝔦𝔤𝔦𝔫 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔯𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔞𝔩𝔢𝔡.