𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐖 𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

Charlie had been standing by the window with Pietro by her side since everyone left to confront the aliens. Chills ran throughout her entire body as she watched their attackers slam against the Wakandan barrier while their leaders simply watched. It wasn't long after that when T'Challa's voice filled the air, demanding that a section of the barrier be open. Not even a second after that passed when the Wakandans along with the Avengers charged into battle.

The Barton girl was worried for her friends and wanted nothing more than to be down there with them. But at the same time, she knew that Shuri might need help and Wanda shouldn't be alone at a time like this. After all, Pietro was really the only one who could keep her calm other than Vision. So instead she watched the battle unfold from the safety of Shuri's lab, silently hoping that she would see everyone again alive and well.

"How much longer, Shuri?" T'Challa questioned, causing everyone to turn their attention toward the young genius.

"I've barely begun, brother," the Wakandan princess responded without taking her eyes off the hologram in front of her that showed the Mind Stone and what was connected to it.

"You might want to pick up the pace."

Charlie instantly saw concern mix with the concentration in Shuri's eyes as she continued to work. Even though the Udaku girl was doing everything in her power to save Vision, the Barton girl had a feeling it wasn't enough. A small sigh passed over her lips as she walked over to Shuri. "Do you need us to do anything?"

The young genius didn't answer right away as she continued to work on freeing Vision from the Stone. Just when Charlie thought she wasn't going to respond at all, Shuri finally began speaking. "You could go put on those suits we've been working on. I have a feeling we're going to need them."

Charlie couldn't help but exchange an uncertain look with Pietro before the two of them walked out of the room. As they walked through the hall, the Barton girl felt the speedster interlock his fingers with hers before giving her hand a reassuring squeeze. Whether it was to calm her nerves or his, Charlie didn't know. All she knew was that she was determined to make sure he made it out of this battle alive. She wasn't prepared to lose him again. And she knew that he felt the exact same way with her.

It wasn't long before they finally reached the room that Shuri gave to them when they were working at her lab. The room wasn't very big and contained what they needed, which was only a bed and a closet with a connecting bathroom. They rarely came into the room unless they were late with Shuri. The only things they had in the closet were the suits they had been working on with the Wakandan princess. A small sigh passed over Charlie's lips as she ran her fingers along the sleeve. She never imagined wearing her new suit so soon and she was having mixed feelings about it. On one hand, she had never worn anything laced with vibranium before and she was excited to try it out. On the other hand, the Barton girl wasn't certain she was ready to face the aliens again. But she also knew she didn't have much of a choice.