𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐍

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

When Charlie landed in a small clearing in the Wakandan forest, she found Corvus Glaive holding in the air Vision by the neck. Anger flowed through the Barton girl's veins as she watched Corvus Glaive raise his scepter, causing a hint of fear to appear in Vision's eyes. The archer didn't hesitate to load an arrow onto her bow before firing it at the son of Thanos. She watched as the projectile soared through the air before landing in the alien's shoulder. Corvus Glaive shouted in pain as he dropped Vision and spun around to face Charlie, only for another arrow to hit his other shoulder.

Irritation instantly formed on Corvus Glaive's face as he stared at Charlie. It wasn't long after that when he pulled the arrows out of his shoulders with a small grunt. "You're quite an annoying human."

"I get that a lot," the Barton girl responded while firing another arrow before watching Corvus Glaive catch it inches away from his face. A smug smirk formed on the alien's lips as he stared at the arrow, only for it to fade when he noticed the smile on Charlie's face. Not even a second after that passed when she pressed a button on her bow, causing the arrow in Corvus Glaive's hand to explode and making him stumble back a few feet. The son of Thanos grumbled under his breath as she looked back up at Charlie, who was still smiling at him. "Oops."

What happened next seemed to be a blur to Charlie. Corvus Glaive charged at her with his spear held out in front of him. However, before he could finish his attack, Pietro came out of nowhere and slammed into the alien. The impact caused the son of Thanos to fall to the ground as the speedster stood over him. The Maximoff boy kept his eyes glued to the alien as he walked over to where Charlie stood a few feet away from Vision. As soon as he was right beside the Barton girl, he began speaking. "Never do anything like that again. At least, not without me."

Both of them were prepared to continue the fight with Corvus Glaive after watching him get to their feet. However, to their surprise, the alien simply held his hand out in front of them. Little did they know that the scepter sitting in the dirt behind them began to move. The next thing either of them knew, the scepter slammed into the back of their legs, sending both Charlie and Pietro to the ground. A groan passed over the Barton girl's lips as she reached for her head, which took most of the impact from the fall. When she looked over at Pietro, she found him lying next to her unconscious with a large cut on his forehead.

A smirk soon reappeared on the son of Thanos' face as he turned his attention back to Vision. He tightened his grip around his scepter as he lifted the Keeper of the Mind Stone into the air by his neck once again. The next thing anyone knew, Corvus Glaive forced the top of his scepter into Vision's stomach, causing the synthezoid to shout in pain. The giant alien just stared at the synthezoid for a moment before breaking the tense silence surrounding them. "I thought you were formidable, machine. But you're dying, like any man."