Chapter 6

The scene started with Stockton in his kitchen. He was cooking breakfast - some type of toast.. with eggs. And pink pieces, probably ham - although it looked a little cartoonish.

Cooking - not something he was used to doing, that's for sure. But he didn't pay any mind to it.

Despite being morning, the view outside his windows was almost pitch black. In the distance, the rooms of his house looked foggy. Whatever. As far as his brain knew, it's always like this.

"What are you cooking?" A woman's voice asked.

Clearly it was Wendy, who else would be in his house?

The food in the pan disappeared, clearing out the dish as if there was never anything in it.

"I'm making pancakes." Stockton replied.

Yeah, that's what he was cooking, obviously. He doesn't eat meat anymore. Not since.. So there's no way he'd be using ham in a dish.

Stockton looked up, a man with silver hair and a black jacket with his own company's logo on it was standing in his kitchen. He beared an odd resemblance to Stockton. Well, no, this man was Stockton.

His mind wasn't sending any signals to feel afraid. So this must mean he's not Stockton! Stockton is standing in his kitchen, in plain view. Maybe he's Wendy then? That would make sense.

"There's nothing in that pan." The man in the distance said.

He seemed to be breaking the rules of this world. He isn't in a dazed state like everyone should be.

The man at the stove's brows furrowed.

"Don't say that." He said with a deep, but flat voice.

A stern look appeared on the guest's face. He walked further into the kitchen, his hands on his elbows as he inched closer.

"I need to speak with you."

The other man's face returned to a smile, as if the past few seconds didn't happen.

"Okay, about what?"

In a flash, they were on the couch. Stockton's mind convinced him he walked there, although in his memory, it was sped up. This was normal.

"Stockton, I need to talk to you about the sub." The outlier said.

So he is Stockton. Then who's this man on his couch that looks exactly like him? Oh well, he was too dissociated to think about it.

He looked at the floor, feeling pain in his stomach. This wasn't.. the regular type of anxious pain. This one was specific to this world, something he'd never feel when he was awake. It hurt.

"Hey, look at me. Can I ask you of something?" The other Stockton said in a hurry.

The other man began feeling a little fear. If Stockton started experiencing negative emotions, there's no telling what could happen to this world. This world is extremely unstable, reacting to the creator's feelings. He needed to guide the creator, so that he could get his point across as soon as possible.

"What?" Stockton asked with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"I need you to do some more testing on your sub. This Titanic expedition, don't go on it this time. And replace whatever components that may be deteriorating before you use it again."

The other Stockton avoided naming the Titan, as he knew it was a trigger for the man. He has to keep the atmosphere stable.

Stockton's eyes focused - and for the first time since this scene started, he was able to think and see clearly.