Hunted

Rebecca's POV

I walked down the sandy beach for hours. The pain that I felt from the blood tricking down my feet was diverting my mind and giving me so much ease. He and his mistress were long out of my audio-visual range. That was a relief. But the thought of facing him again and having to ask for his help to leave this God forsaken island, made me feel sick to my stomach. I chose to keep walking instead till I found another being. But there seemed to be no one. Just some distant seagulls diving and gliding above the sea.

With each step, my emotions churned inside me, a maelstrom of anger, sadness, and humiliation. How could he have been so callous, so heartless? I had bared myself in front of him because of the spot he and his uncle had put my father into. If he didn't need a bride, why create such a grand fiasco? I felt like a fool, a naive girl who had allowed herself to be thus made fun of out of her own free will.

As I walked, the pain in my feet grew worse, but I didn't stop. The physical agony was nothing compared to the emotional turmoil that raged within me. I felt like I had lost everything, my dignity, my pride, my self-respect and also my home. There was no way I was going back to my father and showing myself in such a light. Though I had the urge to do so. But I would not give him the satisfaction of feeling sorry for me or talk to that tyrant kind of ours to intervene. I was out of my house for good. I was a werewolf royalty, and yet I had been reduced to this, a broken girl walking along a deserted beach, with no hope. If my fate was so chosen, I will go on.

The sea that had seemed so beautiful and calming when I first landed there, now looked like a taunt, a reminder of everything that I had lost. The waves splashed against the shore, their sound a constant drone that echoed in my mind. I felt like I was drowning, suffocating under the weight of my despair.

At that moment, I wanted nothing more than to end it all, to throw myself into the sea and let it swallow me whole. The thought of death was a comforting one, a way to escape the pain that had consumed me.

I knew I couldn't give up, not yet. I had to keep walking and keep fighting. I was no coward to end my life over some loser I had just wed.

I strongly shook myself, head, shoulders and hands then kept walking. My feet bleeding, and my heart shattered but my mind was a rock. I didn't know where I was going, or what I would do when I got there. But I knew that I had to keep moving forward, even if it meant walking through the fires of hell.

Perhaps I shouldn't have done that level of affirmation.

Things did turn hellish within what seemed like seconds.

Out of nowhere, I hear a growl and a snarl.

Before I could turn to check, two enormous wolves, leapt over me.

I couldn't believe what was happening to me. One moment, I was walking down the beach, feeling heartbroken and lost in nowhere land, and the next moment, I was being attacked by two werewolves.

I tried to fight them off, but they were too strong for me. They ripped my clothes to my utter shock and horror. I tried to cover up but they pushed me back on the sand, making me feel more vulnerable and exposed.

"What do you want from me?" I screamed as they pinned me down.

One of the werewolves sneered at me trying to touch me with his dirty hands. "You're a werewolf royalty, aren't you? You should know better than to walk around here alone."

I felt sick to my stomach as he spoke those words while touching me up and down. I knew that being a werewolf royalty made one a target outside our Clovera, but I never thought something like this would happen to me.

So was I outside of Clovera? Were we even allowed outside of Clovera? Wasn't it supposed to be a vast wasteland with corpses of a decaying and dying era? Did that crippled, worthless Blaze bring me outside of Cloreva and then thus abandoned me, to get me killed?

What was happening?

"Let me go!" I yelled, struggling against their grasp. Panic overtook my entire being.

The other werewolf chuckled. "Not so fast, princess. We're going to have some fun with you first. It's been a long since we last got a taste of royal blood. "

He licked his lips with a sinister vigour.

Tears streamed down my face as they tried to molest me. I felt violated and humiliated, and I wanted nothing more than to get away from them.

"Please stop," I begged, my voice trembling with fear and anger as they tried to force themselves onto me.

I tried kicking them at their c*ck but one of them grabbed my hands and the other held my feet back.

I applied all the strength that was left in my body to pull myself out of their grasp.

" This one is strong, " One of them chuckled.

" Let's see, how strong she is down there when I drill her on the floor. "

The second one ripped his pants open and tried to force my legs apart.

I landed one solid, hard kick on that mutt 's face.

His lips started bleeding as he reeled back.

I felt my head move from left to right with a swift bang as the underside of my ears burnt.

The first one had landed a slap across my face which left a visible bruise but I felt kind of proud about that.

He grabbed me by my hair and pulled my head backwards but this time around I didn't yelp in pain. I pressed my lips, trying to hold back the scream and tears. How empowering that felt. How strange was that!

Then out of nowhere a voice suddenly called out to these men,

" Enough boys! Didn't I tell you that you were not supposed to play with your food? "